The River's End

This was written a few years ago, back when I was in college (yeah, that so long ago egh!) so this might be bad... but I'd still like to share it with you anyway. ;-D This is very raw and unedited. (For comparison purposes of my writing style before and my writing style today)

The River's End

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

                     "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream..."

                                                                                                 - Edgar Allan Poe

          He lives. He exist. He has lived for many years. He has grown in place where he learned to know beauty. A place with pale green nights. Where auroras are never present in the night. A place where tall rocky mountains rise above the earth. A place where red sand stretches across the earth's horizon. A place where the mornings are warmly lit by a huge red star. A place where the night are cool with the wind constantly traveling about the earth. This night alone, the wind frequently sweeps over all the earth constantly molding it. This night alone, the man sits and watches the dust as it dances. He things that maybe some unknown force makes it dance. He ponders over the question for some time before he sleeps. Finally, he ask himself if there is a similar force that makes the moon fall and the sun to rise. He lies down. He closes his eyes and sleeps in his naked body. He sleeps alone. He sleeps with the cold as his only companion.

      He wakes to find that the sun has already risen. He stands up form the hard ground. He walks toward the edge of the cliff to observe the morning's grace. The sky is painted blue, yellow, red, gold and white. The red sun cast its warm rays upon the earth which brings both warmth and pleasure to the male. He looks down and sees the earth lined with a long sparkling blue river. The river is long, probably without end but the male promises himself that he will find its end. He sees the earth's horizon which seems to stretch forever. He starts walking forward ever forward.

      He walks and walks. For hours, he has been walking towards the east. He feels tired and hungry. He stops and drinks in the clear river water. He sits on a rock and searches for food. He sees a living, moving creature in front of him. He stand slowly, ever slowly. He approaches the creature noiselessly. He stoops down the creature soundlessly and grabs the small reptilian animal by the neck. The creature cries out in pain. It struggles but it could not prevent the stronger creature form causing him more pain. The bigger creature holding smaller one slowly opens it mouth. The creature's pain has ended at last as the predator munches on his flesh. The creature's existence has ended.

      The predator eats and eats until nothing remains but the prey's bits of flesh and cracked bones. The victim was thrown by the male to the ground with its head no longer there. The creature falls to the ground, faceless and lifeless. The male stands up for the he has finally been satisfied but only for this very moment. Minutes later, the male continues toward the dying sun. The male moves forward ever forward.

      The male grows tired once more now that the sun died and the moon has been reborn. The male sits and searches for food. He searches and finally  finds one - a small sized lizard-like creature walking beneath him. He snatches the small creature from the ground and feeds it into his mouth. He chews on the food and his hunger has been satisfied. His thirst quenched by the River. Once again, the man sits and thinks. He looks above the sky and slowly drifts to sleep.