I Just Want Your Hat!

This guy can really make me smile :) and I still want your hat, Jack!

I Just Want Your Hat!

Copyright © 2011 All right reserved

This time, I was really going to get it. Oh, yeah. I bet my ass on this.

My countless futile attempts infuriated me to the umpteenth level and I cursed myself so many times to the fiery pits of hell for my lack of creativity and ingenuity.

However, I was positive this time.

I am going to get Jack's friggin' hat and I'd do whatever it takes to get it - no matter what.

I was in my living room, sitting in my four man seater couch, staring at my sleek black cellphone as the pad of my thumb hovered on the keypad. My mind was formulating the words that needed to be said without giving out suspicion because Jack was already cautious, and well, wary when it came to me, but I'm switching my snaring tactic.

It's do or die.

"Okay, just keep it cool, Annie... " I said to myself as a pep talk and breathed in and out. "Just act normal and he won't suspect a thing."

After taking deep calming breaths, I dialed his number and within three rings, he answered in his deep baritone voice.

"Hello?"

"Hi Jack," I greeted. "It's Annie."

There was a pause, probably wondering why the hell I'm calling and knew I was up to something, which in truth, I was, but I'd never tell him that.

"Oh, hey Annie," Jack finally said after his moment of silence. "What's up?"

I cackled like an evil female dog in my mind. Time to initiate Step One. I was prepared with ammunition and it'd be fucking stupid for a soldier to go out in a war unarmed.

If this was a war, I think...

I smiled evilly. He could never resist what I'm about to say. "I baked your favorite Triple Fudge Brownies," I sang through the phone, taunting him. "You want some? I made plenty of it."

Again, there was a pause. He'd be crazy to resist it, much less his favorite dessert.

"Why?" he asked, suspicion lacing his tone.

"Oh, nothing," I replied nonchalantly. "Am I not allowed to do something nice for my friend?"

Jack snorted. "Oh, really?" he asked sarcastically. "All you have been doing was scare the life out of me so you could get my hat. If you were in my shoes, you'd be suspicious too, so I say there has to be a catch."

I sighed. I knew he would say that. "I'm done trying to get your hat, okay? I realized you're not going to give it up, so I'm sorry for the things I've done to you."

"Whatever," he said. "I still haven't forgiven you for putting super glue on my shoes. It took me three days to take it out of the floor."

I giggled softly. "You have to admit, it was funny. So..." I pause,."... you coming over or not?"

"I don't know..."

I knew he would say that too, so I added some extra something to sweeten the offer:

"I also made Hazel Nut coffee to go along with those yummy oh-so-gooey brownies," I taunted. Oooh, this was going to be easy. Fuck yeah!

"Fine!" he said, giving in and I grinned maniacally like the cat got the cream. "Darn brownies... I'll be there in 10," and he hanged up.