I Just Want My Machete Back!

This is for you my little monster. This is your time to shine! RAWR!

I Just Want My Machete!

Copyright © 2011 All right reserved

I've never felt so darn alone in my entire life.

I was lifeless; just surviving not living ever since that one thing who understood me more from inside and out was taken away from me.

The way my hand would curl around its long wooden handle...

The way its thick metallic sheet glistened against the light...

And that glorious edge, that oh-so-sweet sharp edge that cuts through any material...

Sigh.

I felt so alone, and I wanted to cry.

I miss Zhangie... my machete.

It had been a week since Jack and Annie took away my one and only love. They said its not healthy for a thirteen year old to own something lethal and that a girl of my age should be doing girly stuff.

Pfft! Lethal my ass and girly stuff? Puhleaze, I'd rather have a root canal than get caught acting like a dumb gringa.

If I did know any better, I'd say they were ganging up on me, but right now, everything was going to change and I'm taking matters into my own hands.

I'm going to get Zhangie back and I'd die trying if I have to.

"Okay, Dori," I breathed out, trying to calm my wild jitters. It was 10:45 p.m. and I was standing outside Jack's house, ready to commit B and E just for Zhangie.

"Just relax and you can do this," I said to myself. "Zhangie needs you..."

Before I left Annie's house the other day, I overheard them talking about going out somewhere tonight and I thought it'd be a perfect opportunity to sneak in Jack's house. I just needed to be quick with my search and hopefully, he didn't kept it in a place where I couldn't find it.

Oh lord...

With burning determination, I walked towards Jack's front door with confident strides and at same time, I surreptitiously darted my eyes left and right just to be cautious. Upon reaching the front door, I dug around my pocket for my  lock picking kit that I borrowed from a friend of mine. If you were wondering how my friend managed to get something like this, that I don't know.

Feeling the cold, metallic unlocking device, I grinned, fished it out of my pocket and knelt in front of the doorknob. God, the excitement was killing me and what I'm doing right now was worth locked up in juvie but I didn't care. I'd go to extreme lengths to get my baby back in my arms so without hesitation, I slid the lock pick on the keyhole and did my work. I fiddled here and there for a couple of seconds and before you know it, a click was heard and that caused my heart spiking up a notch.

"Holy fudge balls," I muttered, surprised that I managed to unlock the door in fifteen seconds flat. I just learned the art of lock picking yesterday and I did it like a professional thief.

Maybe that wouldn't be a bad career choice...

Ay caramba, Dori! You need to focus and think about the task at hand not musing about career prospects in the future!

Shaking my head, I put away the lock pick and turned the doorknob slowly and surely to open the door. I didn't pushed it all the way through, just enough for my body to slid inside and when I did, I froze when I heard the T.V blaring, coming from the living room.