Kiss And Make-Up

Kiss and Make-Up

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Candice was dead on her feet.

It was now 6:00 p.m and as she walked along the deserted hallway heading for her apartment, she couldn't help but feel how tired and stressed out she was from work. All she wanted right now was to curl up in her boyfriend's arms and relish the feel of his warm body engulfing her petite frame.

She smiled at the thought of her boyfriend. They had been together since high school - seven years to be exact - and she never thought they would come this far in their relationship. He was a jock back then, one of the popular kids, and he was every girl's erotic fantasy. She often questioned herself what her boyfriend saw in her. She was just a regular girl trying to blend in, trying to survive the perils of high school while he was sought after left and right.

But who was she to question about love?

All that mattered was that they loved each other and they wouldn't care less about what other people would think or say.

Those seven years was all the proof they needed to show that even though they were worlds apart, love held no prejudice.

When Candice saw the number of her apartment door, she dug for the keys on her purse, got it out and slid the key on the key hole. As she opened the door, she was greeted with a sound of  profanities being yelled out, and if her guess was right, it was a football game blaring on the T.V.

Not only that.

The place was an utter mess.

The dining table was cluttered with empty Chinese cartons, the living room coffee table was filled with crushed beer cans, and when she took a glance at the kitchen sink, it was filled with dirty dishes.

What the hell was he doing on his day off?!

They had a deal this morning that he would clean the apartment, and hell, he even promised to make dinner! What in blazing tarnation did he do all day?

However, she needed to calm heck down. She was already stressed out from work and the last thing she needed was her blood pressure bypassing the normal rate.

She didn't want to pop a vein or something.

"Ah, hell! Come on!" Candice's boyfriend yelled from their bedroom. "You gotta be kidding me!"

Grumbling incoherently under her breath, Candice marched towards their bedroom and flung it open and behold, her boyfriend, Kyle, sprawled on the bed with a bag of chips on his other hand and a can of beer on the other.

What the freaking hell?!

"Baby," she said calmly, "I'm home."

Kyle didn't hear her. His eyes were glued to the flat screen T.V. that was mounted on the wall and any minute now, the team he was rooting for was about to do a touchdown.

"Kyle?"

No answer.

"Kyle!" Candice shrieked out, trying to reign in her anger.

"Jesus!" Kyle exclaimed, the bag of chips and can of beer he was holding flying in the air due to fright. "Don't fucking do that, Candice!"

Candice glared fiery holes into his light blue orbs. "What? No welcome home?" she asked in a mocking tone.

"Oh, welcome home babe," he said and gave her a dazzling smile.

"What have you been doing the whole day, hmm?" she asked as she willed herself not to swoon at his smile. "Why is the place a pig sty?"