Coffee and Serendipity

• Dedicated to all who are in the process of healing their broken heart.

Coffee and Serendipity

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

“If there are no miracles then we need to find another word for the existence of life – the existence of you and me – on Earth."

As Amber sat in the comforts of her favorite coffee shop, she often wondered what love really is.

She had to question herself that for the last four months of nursing her broken heart over a relationship that she thought was going great.

She thought wrong.

Four years of giving her everything to that person went down the drain, and right now, all she wanted was to move on... but truth be told, it was so damn hard. She pushed herself to the limit to get pass the hurt, but sadly, nothing seemed to be working.

Her friends had lost patience in her.

Her parents gave up on her.

All the people that knew and loved her had stopped bothering to try mending her broken heart, because she pushed them aside.

But could you really blame her for not wanting to place her best forward?

No one knows.

To be honest, Amber didn't know what went wrong. She made sure she gave him everything; she was a good girlfriend, even though they had their differences, they managed to meet halfway.

They loved each other and as Amber describe their love, it was like glass - clear and transparent.

But unfortunately, four months ago, he just dropped her like a hot potato and told her that he didn't love her anymore.

She asked if there was another woman, but he said no, and that got her confused. He just said he woke up realizing that he didn't love her anymore.

Amber thought it was a lame excuse and classified that as a phase in their relationship, but he wanted out. She tried so hard to convince him to stay, but he just shook his head and walked out from her life.

For months she thought that there'd still be a chance her ex-boyfriend would come back to her, but when she saw him again, a week ago, he was already with another woman.

He looked happy and the way he looked into that woman's eyes, it was a look that he didn't once gave her. He was in love with her and that was the difference between her and the girl he had in his arms.

He just loved Amber.

He wasn't in love with her.

And the years that they had been together didn't matter.

As Amber picked up her cup and sipped her coffee, she finally understood that sometimes, love worked in mysterious ways.

                                               * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Mom, just leave me alone, okay?!" Bryson growled into the phone, clearly pissed that his mom wouldn't give up. "I just want to be left alone, alright?"

"Honey," his mom pleaded, "you can't go on like this. I hate seeing you like this. It's been four months since the wedding."

"It's not easy," Bryson was seething, trying to suppress the reminder of that day. "She stood me up on our wedding day, mom, so it's hard, okay? She left me there standing like a fool..."