Settling In

After that first date, the three of us were inseperable from the wonderful guys we had met. Madge it's been great!! Chevy wront furiously in her diary. She had kept it undercover ever since that first kiss with Markus. She definitely didn't want her sisters razzing her about that forever. She didn't want them to know that kissing Markus that night, made everything in her body burn to the core, how it made her have dirty thoughts of where else Markus's lips could be! Madge, I know I've always said my internship is the most important thing in my life, but I'm beggining to think I have room for one more important thing!

"What cha writing??" Merecedes peaked over her sister's shoulder as she came into the game room Chevy quickly closed her diary and shoved it under her butt.

"Nothing that concerns you!" she glared at her sister. "Aren't you suppose to be in band practice?" she asked as Mercedes sat down.

"I was, but Benny is my ride home and he had an emergency call to go home....man he flys when his mom calls! That would drive me nuts!!' Mercedes bit into a sandwich she had made in the kitchen.

"Well, maybe it was an emergency Mers, you know not everyone wishes to be away from their family like you do!" she teased. Mercedes threw a pillow at her sister.

"I love you too Chevy!" Mercedes stuck her tongue out at Chevy.

"Where's Ford?" Chevy asked

"How should I know, I'm not her nanny!" Merecedes grumbled as she bit into her sandwich again.

"You are such a great sister Mers..Don't know what we'd do without you!!' Chevy got up and walked to the kitchen. She didn't mention she had the remote, and enjoyed watching as Mercedes lifted everything in the game room to find it.

"Chevy!!" Merecedes yelled as Chevy laughed in the kitchen.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Ford was actually still at the highschool at a meeting for the Winter Formal. Unfortunately for her Katrina and her band of witches were also there. Katrina happened to be Student Body Secretary , thus making her a part of all of the dances. Ford frowned as she thought about how Dex, failed to mention Katrina would be there.

"Don't mind them.." Dex whispered in her ear as he came up behind her. Ford instantly smiled, his voice did wonders to her body!

"Well a warning would have been nice loser!" Ford teased. Dex pulled the chair beside her and sat down.

"If I would have told you, would you have come for the right reasons? I mean the right reasons being me or her?" he questioned.

"Dex, I would have come for you.." Ford frowned again and this time her forehead crinkled, and she really hated that, she didn't need any premature wrinkle lines. "Dex, listen I can't have you playing these mind games with me. Either you are going to trust my judgement or you're not." She glared at Katrina. "As awful at that girl is, I would never want to be somewhere she is intentionally. I'm not here to get at her, only to be with you." Her big brown eyes looked warmly into Dex's.

Dex smiled. "Fair enough, I won't do this again. It was stupid of me. Honesty from now on." he touched her hand and let his hand rest on hers for awhile. "Sides, I knew this would be your kinda thing, you know dance stuff..." he smiled. Ford could feel the heat running from her hand into her heart. The school sponsor walked in which meant the meeting would have to start.

*****************************************************************************************************************

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" Ford squealed as she came in through the kitchen door. Chevy, Mercedes and their mom all jumped up startled. They had been preparing dinner when Ford burst in.

"Fordalaine Marie Carr!" her mom corrected. Ford slumped down on the  first bar stool close to her. She wrapped her hands around her face and dragged her hands down her cheeks.

"Really Ford?" Chevy rolled her eyes. "Does everything have to be  a drama queen moment?"

"My life ....is.....over!" she said dramatically this time she threw her arms on the counter and buried her face in them.

"She really is turning on the drama tonight!" Merecedes laughed.

"I'm serious!" Ford sat back up. I just had to endure one and a half hours of Katrina's voice! AND " she emphasized, "And, she shot down every single itty bitty idea I had!" She threw up her hands. "I mean who wants to have Snowflakes hung from the ceiling, that's so ICE AGE!!" Ford looked as if she wasn't going to be able to take it. "On top of that, I had to be cordial because Dex was there, and I didn't want to get all Catty with her!"

"Well, what ideas did you have?" Chevy asked. The wheels in her head were turning. She would talk to Markus and get this straightened out.

"I suggested we imitate snow falliing from the ceiling. You know, we could have like snowblowers on times and have them blow like white conffetti or get the conffetti snowflakes to come down every hour. Then she wanted to name the dance 'Hometown Christmas!!' How country is that!!!" Again, she raised her hands "I suggested Winter Wonderland or Ice Escapades or One Snowy Night and she wants Hometown Christmas!!  Ahhhhh!!'

"Ford, I'll talk to Markus, I mean her word isn't set in stone. The whole group has to vote on it." Chevy offered.

"No...I'm gonna handle this my way. That little..." Ford stopped forgetting her mom was in the kitchen. "Wench, is not going to make me look bad. Tonight was idea night, I just have to put on extra super charm and get people to vote my way.." with that Ford paraded out of the kitchen and up to her room.

Mercedes leans over to Chevy and says "I swear she does that to get out of helping with dinner." Chevy giggled. Ms. Carr overheard and called out.

"Ford! If you aren't down here in five minutes, you will have kitchen duty all to yourself tonight!" they could hear Ford groan. Her sisters continued to laugh.

"Ha! Didn't get out of it! Get your booty down her Ford!" Mercedes yelled.