Markus

Chevy smiled sweetly at Markus. "So..." he looked at her straight in the eyes.."new girl?" He cleared his throat, he sounded a bit nervous. Chevy made a mental note of his kind eyes. "Uh..yes, just moved here from Chicago..." "Wow, that's a big difference from there to here! This little town must be killer for you!"

He smiled and Chevy swore she saw a sparkle come from his perfect teeth. Slightly distracted by it she continued to stare at his full lips. He coughed again, this snapped her out of her trance. She looked into his eyes and could feel her cheeks turning red. Markus continued the conversation.

" Is that your schedule, do you need help finding your classes?" He grabbed her schedule. Before Chevy could protest he whistled low. "You are definitely on the distinguished plan." Chevy smiled, anyone else would have just asked why she was taking so many hard classes her last year in high school.

 No one ever got that she needed to be the best at everything so that she could be as successful as possible. Now she felt like bragging just a little to impress Markus. " Yep, all AP courses, gotta have them to impress the Ivy League Universities I want to attend. I want to major in journalism, travel the world, tell the stories of the world.." she looked off into the window as if looking at something far away.

 Markus waved the schedule in front of her and laughed. "Well you won't get far if you don't get to class soon Chevy!" She once again popped back into their reality and said.."Wha..how do you know my name?" Markus looked at her seriously.."I'm psychic!" Chevy looked confused, then realized he had read her name off of the schedule.

She smiled sheepishly. "Oh...duh.." she took the schedule back from him. "Interesting name...very unique.." he smiled again. "Your class is right down the hall from mine..I can show you" he offered. I have industrial tech, the gymnasium is right next door. Chevy groaned "Gym!" Markus laughed at her obvious disdain for the subject.

 "It can't be that bad.." he laughed. As if referring to the class as a guys name, Chevy sarcastically said, "Let's just say "gym" and I are not the best of friends.." she grabbed her backpack, again another laugh from Markus.

 "Funny, pretty and smart! I like that." he complimented. Chevy felt her cheeks getting red again. He's a charmer..but he's in tech ed! Ew...but so cute! How could she possibly set her eyes on a guy who wants to be in Tech Ed. She always said if she ever dated in high school, the guy she went out with would have to keep up with her and industrial tech was not a "keeping up" criteria on her list.

Markus opened the door and Chevy automatically walked out. She turned around. "Thanks for the offer Markus, but I'd like to find it on my own.." she wasn't about to let some guy hold her helpless little hand all day, even if he was an Adonis god!

Markus's smile went away, but it came right back. "I completely understand, you are an independent woman! I like that as well.." he winked at her and turned around, as he was walking away he called over his shoulder. "I'll see you at lunch anyway, we have the same session..you can't ignore me forever Chevy..." Chevy's jaw dropped, but couldn't help but stare as the figure of Markus blend into the crowd.

 The bell ringing jarred her into reality once again and she looked down at the school map and hurried to gym.