Chapter 28

A daydream of epic proportions played out in my mind the next day in second period, until vibrations from my phone took me from it. A text from Valerie.

“I’m thirsty ;)”

I shoved my phone back in my pocket. 

What the heck was she talking about?  Gosh, she could be so weird some times.  If she was thirsty, why didn’t she just go to a water fountain and-

My eyebrows raised two stories from the realization.  

She couldn’t mean… No way...

***

Minutes later, I found myself in the northwestern corner of the downstairs hallway.  The beige lockers stared back at me, accusing me of mischief.  Needless to say, I had never down anything like this before. 

“Hey, bad boy,” came Valerie’s voice.

I spun around.  She fingered her hair playfully.

“Hey, thirsty,” I shot back.

Our lips met briefly for a greeting kiss.

Valerie pulled back first, a wicked smile on her face.  “Not out here.  You’re going to get us caught,” she whispered.

Promiscuous excitement and desire overpowered my guilt and fear once Valerie took my hand.  She led me over to the crevice beneath the stairwell.   Once there, she pushed me against the wall.  My body recoiled and I could tell by the look on her face she pushed with a bit more force than she had intended to.  Valerie played it off by smashing her lips into mine.  Our tongues combined for a slow, savory kiss.  I inhaled a deep whiff of her designer fragrance.

Valerie pulled away.  I imagined a wrinkle of irritation forming on my forehead.

“Now, so you don’t get the wrong idea, you’re the first guy I’ve done this with.  It’d be hard to tell other guys why I need to make out with them in the middle of the school day.  Besides,” she smiled from ear to ear, “I told you yesterday I’d make it up to you.”

“I trust you,” I replied, unsure of what else to say.

“Good, I just don’t want you to think I’m a slut or anything...”

C’mon, brain, give me something good…

“Of course not.  I think you’re a princess.”

She giggled and flashed her generous smile.  “Something like that.”

Our tongues collided like two swords.  She slashed, I slashed, she riposted.  I groped her body, hungrily.  She exhaled deeper and gave a small chuckle in response.  Her hands ran up my back.

Shoes clapped against the tiled floor.  I wrote it off as random noise.  Luckily, Valerie gave it some thought.  Her lips broke away from the seal of our mouths together.

“Scoot back, someone’s coming,” she whispered.

I somehow moved further back against the wall.  Our bodies squeezed closer together and our mouths rejoined, despite the sound of the footsteps drawing closer.

I pulled away.  “Should we stop?  I doubt an extra centimeter did much to hide us.”

“No, it’s no big deal,” she said, her hazel eyes ravenous.  “Let’s just keep going.”

Before I could object, her tongue returned to its home away from home.

The clapping sound grew closer and louder, then stopped.  My attention shifted from the foreign vessel in my mouth to the sudden racing of my heart.