Chapter 7

He smiled at me and switched off the light before leaving. I slid into my duvet and it was so warm that I started feeling hot but the problem was that outside it was cold and inside it was hot so I got up and switched off the AC. I slept on top off my duvet and after sometime I started to feel better.

I fell asleep and thankfully I had no dreams. No doubt I slept like a log. Minutes later, or so it seemed, I was being shaken awake by Karen. I groaned and sat up rubbing my eyes. Karen was standing above me smiling “Wake up sleepyhead.” I got up and walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I got into the shower and when I switched the shower on it was so cold I nearly shrieked.

But the good thing was that it woke me up. I turned the handle till it was on hot and I spent around half an hour in the shower taking my time with washing my hair. I wrapped a towel around myself and walked into my room. I walked to my suitcase but it was empty. Puzzled I walked to my wardrobe. All my clothes were neatly piled in my cupboard.

I removed my clothes and put them on. When I was done I walked to the bathroom and surveyed myself in the mirror. I was wearing a blue shirt and white jeans. I thought about what to do with my long straight hair. I picked up the hairdryer and dried my hair. There was a hairbrush near the mirror. I picked it up and brushed my hair until it was totally tangle free. I decided to tie my straight blonde hair into a high ponytail with a fringe on my face. I wished there were a pair of blue sneakers in the wardrobe.

When I finished I went to my wardrobe and saw a pair of blue Converse shoes and white flip-flops. I debated whether to wear sneakers or flip-flop. Eventually I decided to wear my sneakers. I looked in the drawer and there were a pair of blue socks there. I pulled on my sneakers and walked out of my room into the dining-hall. All the others were there.

When I walked in Max looked up and said “Good morning.”I returned the greeting and sat down beside him. Karen smiled at me and passed me a plate with pancakes and sausages on it. Then she passed me a bottle of maple syrup saying “Good morning.” “Good morning” I said yawning. I finished eating and Max said “Alexis go to your room and check on your desk. You’ll find a surprise there.”

Puzzled, I went into my room and walked to my desk. When I saw what was on it my mouth fell open. It was a brand new iPhone 5. I grabbed the box and ran outside. “Max who got me this?” I said. He smiled and said “No one. Did you realize things just appeared in your cupboard? Well you just wish for anything and it will appear within 10 minutes. When you went for a bath I came into your room and wished for that.”

I just stared at the box in awe. “Well, are you going to open it sometime today?” Karen asked impatiently. I opened the box with trembling hands and picked up the phone. It was a sleek, shiny, awesome, black phone. I had rarely ever held anything as expensive as this. I just turned it around in my hands looking at it with a dumbstruck expression on my face. When I was done admiring it I just got up and hugged Max as tightly as I could.

When I was done Max showed me how to work my phone. He switched it on and gave me my sim. He removed the pin from the box and popped in the sim. He told me my number and gave my phone back to me. “I have a white one that’s why you get a black one” He said showing me his.

He told me how to feed numbers in my phone and told me his, Karen’s and Julian’s numbers. I programmed the number of the landline in the orphanage in my phone. “Can I make a call to London?” I said thinking of Allison. Julian, guessing what I thinking, answered “course you can.” I pumped my fist in the air saying “Yippeeeee!!”

Max, Karen and Julian laughed at my childish behaviour. Max spoke up “Come on we have to go.” “Oh yes” Karen said. I ran into my room and saw a sky blue Aeropostale jacket on my bed. Laughing I put it on. I ran out of the room and in the hall where Karen was searching for her phone. After 15 minutes of turning the house upside we finally found her phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Authors note-

Hey guys, sorry for the delay i had loads of homework. Oh, killing me. Anyway I hope you liked the chapter and someone suggested that I describe Alexis more often during the story  and i'm working on that. So keep voting, commenting and following.

Have a nice day,

Anushka.