Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I walked out of the office and went to my room. When I walked in the first thing I saw was Allison sitting on my bed. Mrs. Gardiner was scavenging in my cupboard and my suitcase was lying on the bed beside Allison. When I walked in Allison glanced at me briefly then returned to the book she was reading.

I started to say something but she cut me off. “You’re gonna leave. Just like that. I thought I meant something to you. But now you’re just gonna leave and I’ll have nobody to talk to and comfort.”The sad look on her face was too much for me to bear. I broke into her mind and saw that she was heartbroken that I was leaving her. I saw an image of a 9 year old Allison sitting in a corner of her room in the orphanage crying with her head in her arms. She had had no real friends before I came and now that I was leaving again she would be alone again.

I said “I’m going to come back. I don’t know when but I will come back no matter if it’s the last thing I do. Allison I......” “Alexis just go. Don’t explain. I have enough miseries in my life.” Saying so she got up and left, slamming the door behind her. Mrs. Gardiner spoke up “Alexis, dear, help me out here. Does this T-shirt fit you?”

I didn’t bother replying. I ran out of the room to Allison’s room. I turned the handle and tried to open the door but it was locked from the inside.

Suddenly my vision blurred and I knew I was going to have a blackout again. I banged the door urgently and shouted “Allison please open the do.....” but before I could finish the sentence I blacked out.

Suddenly I was standing in a big room. It was lavishly decorated. It had a lounger sofa and two other couches both looking equally comfortable. It had a glass topped table with 4 chairs around it. A boy my age had occupied 1 chair while a woman occupied another. The boy looked a lot like me. Only difference was that the boy’s eyes still sparkled while mine had lost that quality a long time ago. The boy must have been a bit taller than me and his eyes had a mischievous glint in them.

The woman meanwhile was tall and thin. She had bright green eyes and they had a very noticeable twinkle in them. She radiated a sort of innocent beauty. Her high cheekbones and blood red lips only complimented her face even more. She looked like she was in her late thirties.

Suddenly the boy spoke “When will they arrive Aunt Karen?” “I don’t know Max. They should reach by day after tomorrow.” The woman replied.

Then the scene changed. I was in an airport but this time the quality if the image was slightly blurred. The alarms were blaring really loudly and the whole airport was in utter confusion. I saw myself standing and a monster the size of a pterodactyl was charging at me. The monster had the face of a lion but the body of a leopard with a combination of leopard dots and tiger stripes on its fur.

Just as the monster was almost on me I woke up with a start to see Allison, Mrs. Gardiner and Mr. King above me, gazing at me earnestly. When I opened my eyes Allison let out a sob of relief. She knelt down beside me and hugged me so tightly I couldn’t breathe.

“Can’t breathe.” I croaked and Allison let go of me. She helped me up and took me to her room. I sat on the bed and looked up to see Allison staring at me.

A sense of dread filled me as what I had seen sunk in. I was most likely going to get killed tomorrow. But I also had a strange feeling that the woman and the boy, Max, were talking about me and Julian King.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: So, what do you think will happen at the airport the next day? Stick around to find out. The update will be done tomorrow or day after at the latest.

Please vote and follow. thanks :)