Chapter 12- Nicholas Blackthorn- Misconception II

RECAP:

But in a blink of an eye, arousal gave way to anger. There were blue marks on her shoulder. Scratch marks caused by...me? Me. Who else could it be? I thought of the way I had lost control of myself that night. An enraged shudder broke through my body.

What the hell have I done?! 

 **

*I will wait for you in the 'Rose Garden'  at eight. Follow the map at the back of this note and don't be late.

-Your Husband, Nicholas. *

 With a satisfactory smile tugging at my lips, I carefully folded the piece of paper and handed it to my butler, Jack. 

"Make sure wifey-Princess Dakota gets this." I commanded without giving away even a whisper of the excitement that was buzzing through me.

"Of course, Prince." the man smiled. "Anything else, Your Majesty?" 

"No. Just that."

"Alright. Excuse me." Jack respectfully bowed and left me to my thoughts.

Finally, the enthusiam and a generous sprinkle of nervousness in my system won and I found myself grinning wide. Trying to compress such peculiar emotions within me, I tried to concentrate on the work piled up in front me but found myself straying back into beckoning embrace of my thoughts. 

I got up from the antique chair behind my study desk and went to the open window. A cold breeze caressed my face as I stood there admiring the beautiful scene befolding in front of me. It had stopped raining later around dawn. The sun was now rising leisurely scattering it's rays through out the bright blue sky. The scent of the rain entwined with the enticing aroma of  the perfectly grown flowers just made the sight all the more seductive. The maids were bustling around the area filling the Royal Palace with life and laughter. 

My lips twitched up into yet another smile as I pictured the look on my wife's face as I told her words that I had never spoken before. 

"I am sorry..."

A grimace settled upon my royal face.

That wasn't good enough. In fact, that wasn't enough at all. Surely, I could come with something better than that...?

Words couldn't describe how my guilty mind was yelling at me. Suffocating me with its rein on my heart. I felt so angry at myself. How could I have done that? How could I have let her get to me like that?! 

My hands balled on my sides and anger  steamed in me again. Hell!

Firming my jaw, I stepped away from the window and strode towards the door. I will make it up to her. No matter what I have to do...

Another wave of earnestness crashed into me and impatience took over my body. I covered the distance between my study and the Rose Garden in record time because of my ardent long strides. 

I delibrately slowed my pace as I entered the beautiful ground admiring what I saw. The Rose Garden consisted of dozens of manicured rose bushes framing a broad pathway. On the end of the long path, was a wooden bench facing a deep grey blue lake. There was an old bridge built over the body of water which led to a stone cottage covered in over grown wines.  

This place was my sanctuary. My 'hide out' from the world. The only place where I let my feelings loose. I had never brought a woman here before. Not even Leola. 

The thought of a woman interfering with my life should have made me run in the opposite direction but it didn't. Strangley enough, it calmed me. Soothed me into an unfimiliar sense of security.