Chapter 7- Devlyn Blackthorn- The First Month

Hey people!

This story has about a 1000 reads now! I am so happy! Thank u soo much! 

This chapter is dedicated to Nicole1991! U guys should read her stories! She is amazing x)

I <3 u guys!

I got a 1000 views on this!! ><

Thank u soo much xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your Grace, the Princess is out of danger. I have given Her Majesty the herb potion. She will be awake soon."

"Good." I nodded solemnly releasing a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "You can go now."

"Yes, Your Grace." Doctor Aubery bowed curtly and elegantly walked away.

She was no more than a 27 year old beauty. She definitely had the looks and the expressions of a perfect mistress. It was very shocking for me to find such a young, and beautiful doctor treating Dakota. What was more astounding was that I didn't feel anything towards her. Not even pure physical attraction. Nothing.

With a shake of my head, I slipped into Dakota's room and descreetly closed to the door behind me. Silence loomed all over as I stared at her pale face. She looked so vulnerable and...fragile. Like a wine glass standing on it's thin stem without any other support.

Black Wings...I had seen those black wings. Her wings.

When she was stabbed, her black wings had appeared and wrapped themselves around her slim body for protection. I had stopped dead in my tracks. Too mesmerized to sprint any further. They were gorgeous. Esmiralda was right. The possesser of the wings was no one else but Miss Dakota Valentine herself.

I sat down beside her and gently stroked her dark, silky hair. Guilt swallowed my insides as today's horrific accident toyed with my already worked up mind. I felt my jaw tighten as primal rage erupted within me. 

How could I let this happen..? I was supposed to protect her. Yet...I just stood there and watched her break...

Frustrating...I felt so annoyed. It was suffocating me. Suddenly,  I had the urge walk away from here. Some where far away...where a certain beautiful woman with violet eyes did not exist. I was tired of everything. Just worn out. I needed a break...a get away. But of course, I couldn't do that. 

Miss Valentine was my responsibility. I could not abandon her. I was the king. Two million and thirty two thousand people trusted me with their lives. I would never bring them down. 

Sighing, I coverd my face with my hand and groaned inwardly. I shouldn't have forced her into this marriage. I should have listened to my brain instead of foolishly following my emotions. I should have--

A gentle tap pulled me out of my meloncholic trance. I stood up and took a deep, calming breath.

"Yes?" I said emotionlessly.

"Tea, Your Grace..?" A servant came in and offered me a brief smile.

I looked back at Dakota one last time before walking out of her room.

"In my study room please."

"Certainly."

****

Ok! This sucks! I know!

I just came back from my bday party and I am soo tired and sick!

I am going to uplaod another short chapter now..it's in Dakota's P.O.V ^^

The story has finally started to catch up pace.

Thank u for reading! 

Plz,

Vote

Comment

Enjoy xx