Chapter 2- Devlyn Blackthorn- First Impression

Hey, so this is a new chapter of the story. Its alittle confusing..but I hope u like it. Plz vote if u do. 

Enjoy xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How can you be so clumsy?!" Miss Evans exclaimed once again. 

"I am s-sorry." the frail looking girl apologized for the umpteenth time. Women were all the same. I grimaced. No matter where they were from. The ones with power crushing the ones with none. A typical scenario. "I-I will help you clean-- "

"Shut up!" the Lady gave a disgusted look to the server. "Do not touch me!"

"I-I am s-sorry." the girl sobbed out.

My hands turned into fists to control the rage I felt building up inside of me. Powerful or not. This was no way to treat a fellow human being. What ticked me off even more was the audience this accident had attracted. The whole room just watched silently not daring to interfere.

"I-- "

"This is quiet enough, Miss Evans. " A beautiful soft yet firm voice interrupted me. Everyone turned to look at the owner of the voice. "The poor girl is sorry, so can we not let this matter slide?" she added sweetly.

It was her. The woman who had caught my attention upon my arrival. The girl who was surrounded by many hopeful suitors. The beautiful gem who treated those men with gentle reserve. I smiled despite of my temper. It was hard to blame anyone who showed interest in her. Those captivating violet eyes alone could capture the heart of any man its owner desired. Her silky black hair onlly enhanced her beautiful features. And her curves heightened her feminine allure even more. She was gorgeous from head to toe.

"You have nothing to do with this, Lady Valentine." Miss Evans' response was polite yet very cold. A tone only women could manage easily.

Valentine... the name sounded familiar. Yes, Dakota Valentine. The mysterious woman who donated a rare diamond  necklace to the local orphanage in Seacrest last month. The same woman I was not able to personally thank for her generosity. Was she her?

"As a matter of fact, I do. It's my duty to play hostess, Miss." Miss Valentine bent down and supported the poor girl until she could stand on her own. "Being the hostess, also makes me responsible for the staff employed. If you look closer you will notice that this girl is very pale and very sick. Please be more humble."

"Y-Yes, but this is a new dress." the widow turned red.

"I will buy you another one." I chipped in impatiently.

"Y-Your Grace, you don't have to-- "

"Yes, Your Grace. You don't have to. I will pay for it. Please don't bother yourself with such trivial matters." the dark haired beauty finally looked straight at me. "I am very sorry for the trouble, Miss Evans." though she was talking to Miss Evans, she didn't avert her gaze from mine.

"I-I am very sorry, My Lady. This is all my fault-- " the servant burst into tears and that was only when miss Valentine looked away from me.

"It is not your fault. Mistakes are part of the human nature." she comforted her and then took some more tissues from the sobbing girl's hands and started to help Miss Evans who was wiping the sticky liquid away. "Clearly they are made by everyone, Miss Evans. I hope you forgive and hopefully forget this... unintentional accident."

"Why of course. That is my intention." the look on the widow's face demonstrated the opposite.

"Well, let's start with an apology." Lady Valentine put an arm around the server's shoulders. "I have done my bit and now it's your turn, Miss Evans."