13 My Brother's Beta

13 My Brother’s Beta

It's probably going to be short, but I really wanted to give you guys a new chapter... Forgive me? ;)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter Thirteen

When I woke up, I didn't feel the usual tiredness that stalks me in the morning. Instead, I found myself not being able to open my eyes quick enough. And even though my eyes burned momentarily from the sudden light, the figure of beauty next to me was definitely worth the wait.

Aaron was propped up on his elbow, his other arm stretched over so that he could hold my hand. He was gently playing with my fingers, his eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked quietly, very aware that Kyle was in the next room over. I wonder what goes through this guy's beautiful head.

"Nothing," he said, though I could hear that he was keeping something from me. I let it go, nonetheless. "What about you?"

"About last night..." I trailed off, thinking of every detail that occurred after the shopping trip. His hands, his lips, his completely toned body...

Of course, he didn't go all the way. Only above the clothes, with the exception of his shirt on the floor.

"Glad you liked it," He let out a small growl of victory, his eyes shining with happiness. "And trust me when I say, you are an incredible kisser,"

An incredible kisser? Really? He must just be lying to boost my confidence or something. I mean, he took my first kiss really early yesterday morning, so I didn't really have time to practice or anything.

Not that I'd want to practice with anyone other than him...

"Your brother's about to come in here," he mumbled lowly, sliding his arms from around me. "I'll see you in about twenty minutes."

It's a tradition that Aaron comes over to our house every morning for school. Even though he has an awesome car, he prefers catching a lift with us in Kyle's car. He doesn't get along with his dad, who works late but is always home in the morning. It saves him the awkwardness.

But wouldn't he want to stay at home now? I mean, won't he find it as awkward as yesterday? Or maybe I was just me who found it wary, and he was just excited about the thrill of the secret.

Though, Aaron's never been a thrill seeker.

Sure enough, the moment Aaron swung himself gracefully out the window, shirt in hand, my door cracked open. "Beth?"

I turned over slowly, pretending to have only just woken up. I was finding it difficult to turn away from the window, though, as every fiber in my body wanted to jump out and follow Aaron.

“Yeah?” I replied weakly, my voice still a little husky. Well, I guess it just adds to the believability.