11 My Brother's Beta

11 My Brother’s Beta

Hey guys :) So, I know I promised to upload it, like, five days ago, but I got caught up! I was hanging at my Nan’s house for a few days, then I did some homework, participated in a major sporting event (for Australia), and then it was time for school again :(

So… sorry again >_<

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter Eleven

Breakfast was excruciatingly innocent. Aaron and I were acting like everything was alright – and we’re doing a pretty good job at it so far – while Kyle sat obliviously in front of us.

It was easy to see that something was up, as I kept sneaking glances at my mate and vice versa.

My mate.

I like how that sounds.

And, I’m not calling my brother dumb or anything, but even someone who I’ve never met before could tell that there was a far bit of tension hanging in the air. It was painful, depressing and unnecessary, but I couldn’t even think of what would happen if Aaron and I were to tell Kyle about, well, us.

I could imagine it now - Kyle’s angry face; his fists flying, connecting with Aaron’s face and stomach; Aaron taking it without hitting back, due to Kyle being the Alpha and all.

Even if my brother wasn’t the Alpha, I bet Aaron wouldn’t hit back anyway, the man he is. He’d take it, only ever trying to block the hits he could.

I shivered involuntarily, the very thought of Aaron being injured making me sick.

“You cold?” Kyle asked, misinterpreting my sudden movement. Aaron’s head shot in my direction, giving me a worried look. I internally grinned at that – Aaron’s so sweet to be worried about my temperature! Kyle didn’t seem to notice. “Because if you are, you’re weird. Weres don’t get cold.”

“Thanks for the info, idiot,” I said sarcastically. “I already knew that.”

He shrugged. “Then why did you have a spasm?”

“It wasn’t a spasm!” I laughed, laughing harder when both Kyle and Aaron tried to re-enact my shiver. They were failing, really, shaking their arms in the air like they were swatting away a bunch of birds. “I just had one of those moments, you know?”

Even Kyle could tell I was lying. Even still, he let it drop.

I wasn’t exactly sure about what to do for the day. I had school tomorrow, but I already had all my stuff I needed. I also had a party to go to after school, one of Dustin Miller’s work associate’s. I hadn’t met the man before, but both Dustin and Van were unable to attend the party, so they’d asked me to represent the company for them.