9 My Brother's Beta

© Caitlin Shepherd 2011

9 My Brother's Beta

Two uploads in two days? Yay me! I really wanted to get to the whole 'who the f*** is the beta' thing because you've all been threatening me to know who it is! Well, ladies and gentlemen, in the following chapter the name of Kyle's Beta will be revealed!

Oh, and i've put on some members for the 'pick a cast' thing, but I'm still open for suggestions. To be honest, I don't really think that Danny Schwarz suits 'the Beta' (his name until further notice), so could you please give me some ideas? 

thanks :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter Nine

The reaction was instant. I could feel as my chest constricted, and a warm feeling spread within me. It was such a good feeling, so smooth and comforting, but a burning began to spread inside of my body.

It was a burning of need. I needed to get closer to him to put the fire out, to feel safe and comfortable. It was a must.

Before I could blink he was by my side, grabbing my hand and looking down at me with his insanely beautiful brown eyes. They were darker that I remember, but I liked them this way. I could see lust and recognition inside of them, making butterflies flutter in my stomach.

My hand subconsciously found it's way into his soft light brown hair as I examined his face. He was so beautiful, hansom; I couldn't believe I'd never seen him in this light before.

"Mine." He growled lowly under his breath, making my chest swell. Both our breathing were becoming laboured, and I felt, not saw, as his head came closer to mine.

But the moment was ruined when Josh came stumbling towards us. "Hey, guys, what's up?"

I turned to glare at him, but it was hard to keep a line of concentration while a certain boy's eyes were following my every move. His eyes were still smouldering, I could tell.

"What do you want, Josh?" I managed to mumble out before loosing my concentration again. I could hear his loud, dominant heart beat, and it was thumping to the same rhythm as mine.

A howl came from within me, but no one else seemed to hear it. It was internal. My inner wolf, howling in victory over something.

"Kyle just sent me up here to find you," he shrugged, obviously oblivious to the intense tension between the two of us. "I guess Aaron beat me to it."

Aaron. I liked the sound of his name. it was familiar, dominant, and made my chest swell with happiness of the very name. I must thank his mum, Linda, for naming him so beautifully.

But the mention of my brother's name bought my mind back to reality, and my eyes flew open in shock. If Josh hadn't of interrupted, I was going to kiss my brother's best friend. The guy who's been like a brother to me since I was an infant. The one boy – other than Kyle and Dad – that I've known all my life!

I hugged Josh, silently thanking him for saving me from complete humiliation. Someone must of slipped some vodka into my drink earlier, or something. It's completely unlike me to just act on impulse!

I heard Aaron growl lowly from behind me, and I couldn't be sure, but I think it's because I'm so close to Josh.

"Aaron?" Josh said, confused, when I pulled back from him. "What're you doing?"