59- crrr-unchy

After all the laughter died down they managed to finish breakfast with some semblance of normality.  That is normal for a house full of brothers and their girls; who just happen to be werewolves.  As she did for the last couple of weeks; Grace made sure Cassy stuck to the lighter chores around the house while she did the heavy work.  By the time she was done; it was time for her lessons with the kids and she and Cassy took a slow stroll out to the clearing where the lesson would be held today.  Because it was school break; Cassy had decided that it would be the ‘last’ day for the kids as well.  The other girls had already gone to set up the picnic they would be celebrating with.

Cassy sank to the ground carefully and as soon as she was seated; the kids swarmed all over her trying to feel the babies.  Grace sat watching close by just in case she had to intervene; but despite their eagerness; the kids were remarkably well behaved.  She guessed it might have been the other girls who had warned them to be careful.  Cassy was now eight and a half months pregnant and these babies could come any time now.

When the festivities were over; Grace escorted Cassy back home again and made sure she went straight to bed for a nap.  The old sleeper couch in Alex’s office had been replaced with a new one and this is where Cassy had the naps Barry had recommended she have.

“Once the babies are born; you are going to wish you could sleep more; so take advantage of it now while you can my dear.”

So she rested and allowed Grace to ‘bully’ her into taking the doctor’s advice.  Lunch was a hit and miss affair with the brothers coming in at odd times to have their lunches.  Strangely everybody was on time for dinner and because everybody had a busy day; dinner was relaxed and pleasant with only the odd teasing going around.

Everybody was ready for an early night; but as it was ‘THE’ movie night for Grace; she refused to give up her movie and insisted in watching alone if no one else was interested in watching with her.  Naturally Conrad offered to keep her company and then he surprised her by making her enough popcorn to feed an army.

She was currently going through all the old Disney movies and tonight they were watching Aladdin.  As the two main characters were careening about on their magic carpet; Grace felt a strange affinity with princess Jasmin.  Their backgrounds were the exact opposites; but they both had these guys that had taken them out of the only world they had known and shown them that there was so much more out there.  Sometimes; she was sure she knew what it was like to fly away on a magic carpet of her own.

She nearly choked on her popcorn when she watched as Jasmin tried to distract the evil magician.

“That is so hilarious.  You should grow a beard like that Conrad and maybe I can also tell you that your beard is: ‘… so twisted’.”

“No ways!  Beards are not cool!”  He protested.

“Aw; I think a twisted beard like that is very cool.”

Grace had inched closer to him as she spoke and her warm breath washed over his face and he had to bite his tongue to stop himself from groaning as her scent made him hyper aware of the fact that she was practically sitting in his lap.  Whenever he had been able; he had sneaked back home; just so that he could hold her and kiss her.  Her soft sweet kisses were so addicting that it was scary.

And Grace was shocked the first time he had suddenly appeared while she was preparing lunch.  She was even more shocked that he had come back just for a kiss.

As his eyes darkened he clenched his teeth tightly.  All day he had been holding back the fire that had threatened to break out and leave his self control in ashes.  Without any idea how easy it would be for him to just snap; she sat there leaning in towards him; clearly expecting him to kiss her.  And how could he not when it is what he so desperately needed to do?