𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

In a building were a lot of children chattering. In the windows were a lot of children looking threw it, saying "Bye." A door opens.

"I got you a job in the fish factory." A woman says. She was old. "You go straight down this part till you get to the fork in the road." She points down a road. "Go left." She was cut off by a girl saying, "Bye" to the kids in the window.

"Are you listening?" The lady asks.

"Bye, everybody!" A girl waves bye. "I'm listening, comrade Phlegmenkoff."

This girl is N/N a orphan for Phlegmenkoff. She has H/C hair, bright E/C eyes and S/C. She was wearing a purple scarf, a hat and a long, light brown jacket.

The old lady grabs her purple scarf and yanks her. "You've been a thorn in my side since you were brought here..."

"Hey." N/N remarks, clearly offended.

"Acting like the queen of Sheba..."

"Bye!" N/N continues to wave.

"Instead of nameless no-account you are!" The lady yells as N/N grunts. The scarf comes off and N/N sighs "For the last 10 years, I've fed you, I've clothed you, I've kept a roof over-"

"Kept a roof over my head." N/N mimics, rolling her eyes, causing the lady to gasp and stop at the gate. She opens it roughly.

"How is it you don't have a clue as to who you were before you came to us, but you can remember all that?" The lady exclaims, walking in front of N/N.

"Well, I do have a clue to-" The girl was cut off by the lady saying,

"Akh! I know." The lady grabs a hold of the necklace N/N was wearing. "Together in Paris." She reads, looking up at N/N. "So you want to go to France to find your family, huh?"

"Mm-hmm." N/N nods. The lady laughs.

"Little miss N/N, its time to take your place in life." She puts a hand in N/N's shoulder and pushes her out. "In life and in line and be grateful too." She throws her purple scarf at N/N and shuts the gate laughing and saying, "Together in Paris!"

N/N walks off.

"Be grateful, N/N." N/N mimics Phlegmenkoff's laugh, coming to the fork in the road. "I am grateful." She says in a normal voice, looking back. "Grateful to get away!"

""Go left," she says." N/N mocks, pretending to go left. "Well, I know what's to the left. I'll be N/N the orphan forever." She moves to the right. "But if I go right, maybe I could find..." She stops. She looks down at her necklace. "Whoever gave this necklace to me must have loved me." She turns around. "This is crazy. Me go to Paris?" She puts her arms up. "Send me a sign! A hint!" She sits down. "Anything!"

After sitting down a baby white, brown and dark brown puppy shows up by her, taking her scarf.

"Hey!" N/N exclaims. "Hey-hey-hey! I don't have time to play right now, okay? I'm waiting for a sign."

N/N goes in to get her scarf but the fox moves. "You- would you please leave me alo-" She tugs on her scarf, but the puppy runs around her, tying her legs. "Stop! Give me that back! Give- give- oh! oh!" The fox kept going until N/N fell in the pile of snow.

She looks up to see the fox on the right side. "Oh, great." She lifts herself up. "A fox wants me to go to St. Petersburg." She sits back down. The fox barks and whimpers.

N/N, realizing something, gasps. "Okay." She says, still a little unsure. "I can take a hint." She bends down to pick up her scarf and looks at the road ahead, as the wind whistles. The fox keeps barking.

Heart, Don't Fail Me Now
Courage, Don't Desert Me
Don't Turn Back
Now That We're Here

People Always Say
Life Is Full Of Choices
No One Ever Mentions Fear
Or How The World Can Seem So Vast
On A Journey
To The Past

N/N picks up some snow and throws it in the air and the puppy jumps really high, biting it. A carriage passes by.

Somewhere Down This Road
I Know Someone's Waiting
Years Of Dreams Just Can't Be Wrong
Arms Will Open Wide
I'll Be Safe And Wanted
Finally Home Where I Belong

She picks up the puppy and sets him back down.

Well, Starting Now I'm Learning Fast
On This Journey To The Past

She walks past a home and kids run out, with the parents behind them, heading to the puppy. "Oh, look!" The mom exclaims. "Look at the beautiful puppy!" The kids chase the puppy around N/N. She waves bye to the family and the wave bye back.

Home, Love, Family
There Was Once A Time I Must've Had Them Too

The puppy runs into a family of squirrels

Home, Love, Family
I Will Never Be Complete Until I Find You

One Step At A Time
One Hope Then Another
Who Knows Where This Road May Go
Back To Who I Was
On To Find My Future
Things My Heart Still Needs To Know

Yes, Let This Be A Sign
Let This Road Be Mine
Let It Lead To My Past
And Bring Me Home
At Last!

She stops and looks at the tall building in front of her.