Chapter 29.

Zayn woke up the next morning, pain free. The slight bump of his stomach was shown even further beneath the material of the quilt. Harry was sound asleep next to him, his chest rising and falling evenly. Zayn didn't bother putting a top on as he walked downstairs to the kitchen. He paused when he got downstairs, examining himself in the mirror. It was true, he was showing. Very much so. His sweats were hanging loosely over his hips, his bump just slightly over that. But even with the bump, Zayn still looked skinny. Underneath all the tats and tanned skin, he was thin. And Harry wondered if that was healthy or not.

Zayn groaned, picking a two fingers at the waistband of his sweats and scrunched up his nose before he pinged back the material with such hatred. He cringed a little, massaging his sore belly. "Stop complaining, babe. You're gorgeous." Harry said suddenly and it wasn't until then he realised Harry had been watching him the whole time.

Zayn's cheeks turned crimson at Harry's compliment and Zayn couldn't reply as Harry walked forward, wrapping his arms around Zayn's waist and pulling him close, resting his chin on his shoulder as they stared at the mirror. "How about I make you some breakfast?" Harry offered, breaking the uncomfortable silence. Zayn nodded eagerly, taking Harry's hand and following him into the kitchen. He watched Harry carefully as he made toast and spread jam and marmalade over the top, before handing it to Zayn with a small smile.

"So when do you want to do the twitcam, then?" Harry asked curiously, licking his sticky fingers with his tongue (which made Zayn weirdly turned on, at the sight) He tensed at his words, unsure of what to say. "I don't know." Zayn whispered and Harry looked up, noticing Zayn's hesitation. "Z, we have to do it. It's getting out of hand, we have to say something-"

"I know and I will. It's just the fact that people automatically assumed that I knocked someone up, and not the other way around. It just says how little they know about me. They don't know me at all!" Zayn cried, almost upset. "I know, baby, I know. And this is your chance to tell them otherwise! This is your chance to say they're wrong!" Harry cried back, looking desperately at Zayn. Zayn sighed deeply, looking down at his hands before he looked back up at Harry. "What...what time will he start it?" Zayn asked curiously and Harry smiled a little. "Whenever you want," Harry replied and Zayn nodded. "Can we do it later? I...I still feel quite tired right now." Zayn admitted and Harry nodded, squeezing Zayn's hand. "How's your stomach by the way? Is it still sore?" Harry frowned, his face filled with genuine concern. Zayn thought for a bit. "It's fine now, I guess. I don't know what happened back there. He just all of a sudden started kicking me and it was really painful." Zayn admitted and Harry nodded, biting his lip.

"We can always phone up Dr Mcpherson and ask her." Harry suggested faintly and Zayn nodded, eyeing Harry up. His face was definitely concerned yet he looked almost as tired as Zayn did; his face pale and exhausted and Zayn hated being the reason for it.

So after breakfast, they each decided to go to sleep and catch up on their sleeping pattern. Zayn was surprised that when he woke up, it was just after 10 o'clock in the evening; on a Saturday night. Zayn changed into fresh clothes, being careful not to wake Harry up as he was still sound asleep on their bed. He padded barefoot down the stairs and grabbed the laptop, before sitting comfortably on the couch and switching the camera on to do his twitcam.

When the camera was in, his pale face stared back at him and as soon as he tweeted the link, his whole time line flooded with mentions. He didn't really care with how late it was at night, he just wanted at least a few people to see who he really was, despite how nervous he was. He bit into his thumbnail, nervously staring at the conversations on his twitcam. He was afraid to say anything in case Harry woke up which was doubtful because he could hear Harry snoring from upstairs.

"Is that Harry snoring?" Zayn asked suddenly, a smirk on his face as he read one of the questions. "Yeah, that's him snoring. He's a lazy boy." Zayn joked in reply, smirking some more. He ran a hand through his untidy hair before reaching over to grab his phone, which was on silent. He realised that he had a few missed calls and unread texts from Niall but he didn't bother replying too him. It was too late and Niall was probably already passed out on Liam's sofa anyway.

"How does it feel to be back in the band?" Zayn asked, reading aloud another question. He had almost forgotten that he had left because it was so long ago. "It's great to be back. Feels like home again." Zayn replied with a kind smile. "You look tired." He read, his eyes scanning the screen. "Yeah, I'm literally just up. It's been a good day- did nothing." Zayn beamed, grinning.

"Who are you talking to?" Harry frowned, scowling at Zayn for wakening him out. Harry looked grumpy, his voice hoarse from sleep and his hair tousled and messy as he stood topless on the bottom step. "The fans. I'm doing the twitcam." Zayn explained and Harry's expression softened at his words. "Right. Lemme just to put a shirt on and I'll come down." Harry promised and Zayn turned his head back to the screen. He started laughing loudly when he saw on his mentions that a thousand other teenage girls were going crazy on twitter due to Harry's mention of being shirtless. Zayn couldn't stop laughing.

When Harry came back down, he was dressed in a plain grey sweater and he sat down next to Zayn, edging closer to him on the sofa. "Have you told them yet?" Harry whispered in Zayn's ear and Zayn snapped a little. "No, I bloody well haven't." Zayn snapped back, glaring at Harry. Harry frowned, pouting a little then turned to the camera. "You'll have to excuse Zayn, guys. He's a bit...hormonal at the moment." Harry hinted mischievously and Zayn's eyes widened at his words and he nudged Harry in the ribs, causing Harry to splutter with laughter.

"You're gonna pay for that." Zayn warmed and Harry rolled his eyes, turning his head back to the camera. They sat in silence for a couple of seconds, reading over the comments. "Yeah, about that picture guys...I'm gonna need it back." Zayn said suddenly and Harry gave him a questionable look. "That pictures quite important to me and I was quite disappointed when it was stole. No, it's not someone else's baby...it's mine. So yeah, I'd like it back." Zayn explained and realisation dawned on him when he knew he was talking about the picture. Harry didn't know where Zayn's courage came from but his face lit up at Zayn finally defending himself. He was always a lad who kept his heart on his sleeve and was to nice to say how he really felt. This was Zayn finally being in control of things.

"Yeah, that's...our baby." Harry agreed quietly and Zayn froze. And so did Harry. Had Harry went to far? Had he said something wrong? But all that worry was gone when Zayn finally agreed with him. "Yeah...that's our baby." Zayn finally smiled, stretching the hem of his sweater to see the outline. "I wonder if they can see it." Zayn said thoughtfully, standing up and stretching just t-shirt again. "Yeah, you can kind of see it...there." Harry spoke softly, tracing the outline of Zayn's stomach with his fingetip. Zayn beamed, smiling a little and he lighter up his top and looking at the camera before realising how self cautious he was and sat back down again.

Harry chuckled while Zayn smiled bashfully at him, their arms brushing together. "I hope we didn't have to discuss the matter of us having sex." Zayn admitted loudly when he read a comment about it on their twitcam. Harry laughed, squeezing Zayn's shoulder. "Zarry having sex is the biggest plot twist since Liam found out he had two kidneys." Harry read aloud and they burst out laughing. "That's a great one that, I'm gonna text Liam that." Zayn smirked and Harry laughed.

He was just about to grab his phone when the doorbell rang and Harry and Zayn exchanged glances. "Who's ringing the doorbell this late?" He wondered, glancing at his watch as he went to investigate. When he opened the door, a small girl stood at their doorstep. She must've been about sixteen; small and petite with long brown hair and she was shivering in the cold despite the fact she had a leather jacket in. Zayn wondered if she was shaking from nerves as he looked her. She unfolded her arms and in her hand, she held a small grey and white picture of their baby- the sonogram picture.

"I'm sorry I stole your wallet and picture, Zayn. My mum made me realise that it was disrespectful and irresponsible for me to do such a thing and I never wanted you to cause you any distress...especially when you are pregnant. I hope you forgive me and you and Harry will make wonderful parents." Zayn tensed at her words, unsure of what to say. She had obviously rehearsed the words but she didn't even nearly as confident. "Thank you." Zayn breathed, taking the picture in his hand and slipping it in his back pocket. "Care for a hug?" Zayn smirked and the girl stared wide eyes at Zayn before she gave a shaky nod, letting Zayn wrap his arms around her as he kissed her cheek. Her hands accidentally skimmed over Zayn's belly and she gasped, her cheeks turning crimson and she took a few steps back.

"It's all right babe, you won't hurt me." Zayn smiled and the girl smiled back, nodding. "You're forgiven." He added and the girl giggled. "Thank you." She replied shyly before reaching up on her tiptoes and kissing Zayn on the cheek in return before she hurried off in a quick haste.

Zayn was smiling when he shut the door and he didn't realise Harry had been standing there the whole time, at the foot of the stairs. "I got it!" Zayn beamed, thrusting the picture at him and Harry chuckled, shaking his head. "C'mon babe, I took the laptop upstairs." Harry explained, guiding Zayn by the waist as they headed up to their bedroom where the laptop was. They decided to do an all mightier since they had both slept during the day, but that all changed when Zayn had fell asleep on Harry's shoulder (again) but Harry let him. He couldn't help smiling down at the innocent lad, forgetting for a split second that the camera was still on then he snapped his head back up to the screen.

But Zayn was woken up again at six o'clock in the morning when they heard the sound of the door opening and Niall and Liam strolled in seconds later, each of them both carrying MacDonald's take outs. "Bloody hell, how did you get that at this time?" Zayn frowned, sounding amused.

Niall let out a laugh, his face lightening up. "We couldn't sleep so we just decided to go to MacDonald's early and the guy gave us a free take out cause we we're the first ones there." Niall explained with a shrug, sitting on the empty space next to Zayn on the bed while Liam sat on the other side.

"You jammy bugger." Zayn commented and Niall snorted. "There's only chips let m'fraid. You can have some if you want." Niall shook the bag of chips in front of Zayn and Zayn was about to reach over and take a few when Harry stopped him, grabbing his arm. "Zayn, no. You can't heat fatty foods." Harry warned, scowling at Zayn. "But I'm hungry." Zayn whined, almost childlike as he pouted, giving him the best puppy-dog eyed look he could give him. "No. But if you want, I can go and get you something at the shops. Anything you want." Harry offered and Zayn beamed. "Anything?" Zayn asked hopefully and Harry nodded slowly while Niall and Liam laughed.

"Anything sweet. I'm craving for chocolate. Or chips." Zayn added hopefully and Harry raised an eyebrow. "I'll see what I can do." Harry sighed, kissing Zayn quickly on the cheek (to the fans, it looked like he was whispering something in his ear) before grabbing his jacket and heading off. Niall started smirking when Harry left and thrusted the bag of chips under Zayn again. "No, I really shouldn't. I've already pissed off Harry too many times today, I don't do it again." Zayn protested admittedly and Niall sighed, shoving a few extra chips into his mouth.

Niall took over the twitcam while Harry was away, chatting to the fans while Zayn and Liam laughed and joked. "Z, they wanna know when your due date is." Niall said suddenly, glancing back at Zayn. Zayn's eyes widened at the thought. "Uh, I dunno actually. I'll have to check with my doctor. Why do they wanna know that?" Zayn asked, sounding curious. "They said they're gonna mark it on their calendar and spend all day on twitter before it arrives." Niall explained with a smirk and Zayn rolled his eyes. "Crazy." Zayn snorted but he was secretly flattered that his fans cared about him so much.

When Harry came back, he was carrying two Sainsburys. plastic bags by his side and he dumped them on the bed so that drinks and goodies spilled out onto the bed sheet. "Tesco wasn't opened yet and I didn't know what you wanted specifically so I bought you some chocolate coveted popcorn and some fizzy juice. Hope it's okay." Harry explained with a smile and Zayn's face lit up at the popcorn, lying next to packet of fresh strawberries. "I love you, Harry." Zayn asks playfully and snatched the popcorn in his hands, already opening the packet while the other lads laughed.

But Zayn's face had turned a pale shade of green when he ate the first piece and he dashed to the bathroom, quickly being sick shortly afterwards. "Morning sickness." Zayn mumbled with a weak smile but Harry stared at him. "You've had that for quite a while. You should be over that by now, mate." Liam chirped in and Zayn looked up. Both Harry and Zayn knew it was probably short-term side effects to the drugs he was using but they didn't want to mention that to the boys just yet. "Yeah, I should be all right soon." Zayn assured him and Liam nodded although he wasn't entirely convinced but let it drop all the same.

Zayn was the only one that fell asleep after that; Niall and Liam joining in the twitcam while Zayn slept on the bed. Harry regretted asking Zayn to do an all nighter in the first place, because he looked so tired. But wasn't long until the twitcam was over and Harry joined him shortly afterwards.

____________

Hi guys! So I had this chapter fully written two days ago but someone actually commented asking me to update so I deliberately waited another day to do so- sorry guys! I hope you understand :) can't wait to hear your lovely comments though, please keep it up! I love them! X