Chapter 22

From: Nialler x

Msg: Where are you? Please come back x

From: Nialler x

Msg: Liam, please. I need you x

From: Nialler x

Msg: Look, I know you're probably annoyed that I told Zayn and not you, but please, come back? I really, really need you x

From: Nialler x

Msg: Liam, please, I'm begging you. Come back x

***

Liam sat on the brick wall that ran along both sides of the bridge. Below him, a few cars zoomed by, heading up the hill and into the woods. He had no intention of jumping off, he just found something soothing about watching the cars pass by, the trees blow in the wind, the birds fly around, and the fresh air surrounding him.

He didn't know how to react. First Zayn, and now Niall. His Niall. If he can even call Niall his anymore. He knew he was supposed to be comforting Niall, after all he's just had an abortion, but he just doesn't know how to. He's never - obviously - had an abortion, nor has he experienced helping another person who's had an abortion.

Taking a deep breath, he twisted around and jumped off the wall, heading back towards through the small dirt track and into town. He couldn't remember how long it took him to get to the bridge, but he didn't really care. His mind was too clouded with thoughts to notice the time.

Before he knew it, he was stood outside Niall place. Niall's car was there, so he's sure Niall was home. He knew Harry and Zayn had spent the day together, and Louis was probably with Eleanor, so Niall was most likely home alone.

Without even knocking, he walked into Niall's home.

"Niall?" He called, shutting the door behind him and slipping off his shoes.

"Kitchen!" He heard Niall call back. He followed Niall's voice, seeing him pouring milk in a bowl of cereals. Niall looked up when he heard footsteps and stopped what he was doing. "Hey," he breathed. Liam smiled weakly.

"Hi, er, can we, um, talk?" Liam said quietly. Niall nodded, grabbing his bowl and a spoon, following Liam into the lounge. They sat down beside each other, with about a foot between, and in silence. The only noise being heard was Niall's crunching.

"What did you want to talk about?" Niall asked, placing his empty bowl on the coffee table.

"Why did you get a, er, an abortion?" Liam asked quietly, not looking at Niall. Niall bit his lip.

"It wouldn't have been fair on the baby. Call me cliche, but it wasn't made from love. It was a one night stand. I'm not ready to have a kid, especially when the kid wouldn't have another parent. I would be a single dad and I have no clue how to look after a child!" Niall explained.

"You would've had me," Liam mumbled. Niall ignored him. "Why did you even get drunk by yourself? When did this even happen?" Niall sighed.

"Why not? Can't I go and get drunk now?" Niall asked sharply.

"Look, Niall, I'm sorry about what hap-"

"Your sorry? And it's taken me to have an abortion for you to finally apologise?" Niall asked in disbelief, standing up and throwing his arms about. Liam stood up, grabbing Niall's arm and turning Niall to face him.

"Niall-"

"Save it, Liam! You should've thought of that before you made out with me, told me I was the only one for you, and then went out on a date with Danielle after you told me you broke up with her!" Niall yelled.

"I know I screwed up-"

"Yeah, you did."

"-but I honestly do love you, Niall. I told you I broke up with Dani because I wanted you there and then and I couldn't wait. I broke up with her a few days. I told her I cheated, and she hates me," Liam told him. "She slapped me and left. She took everything out of my house."

"You still lied," Niall said weakly. Liam let go of Niall's arm, placing his hands on Niall's hips and bringing him closer.

"I know, and I am so sorry. I was stupid to lie to you," Liam said honestly. "Please forgive me," he whispered. Niall saw Liam meant it by the sincerity in his eyes. He bit his lip, placing one hand in Liam's hair, one clutching Liam's colar, and pulled Liam down to his lips.

Their eyes closed immediately as their lips crashed together. Their grip on each other tightened, and they parted their lips, allowing Liam's tongue to make its way into Niall's mouth. They didn't care about the lack of air, they just cared about being close together.

"I really am sorry," Liam mumbled against Niall's lips. Niall just nodded and hummed, standing on his tip toes to bring their lips back together. Niall started pushing Liam backwards until Liam fell backwards onto the couch, Niall falling on top of him.

"I love you," Niall whispered, their lips brushing together. Liam smiled.

"I love you too."

---------------------------------------

Because this story is soooo copying - sarcasm intended.

Hope you liked it!:) - Becca x