Chapter 28.

Zayn lay on the examination table, his eyes gazing over the ultrasound machine worriedly. Harry was by his side, rubbing smooth circles against his hand which he found very comforting. Zayn didn't know what he was so worried about. Of course their baby was okay, it was only a monthly check up after all.

He watched as Dr McPherson ran the device over his belly, which was already starting to show incredibly, and held tightly on to Harry's hand. "All righty, everything looks good here." She finally sighed and Zayn sighed with relief, listening to the faint sound of their babies heartbeat. "Let me just go get another picture for you and I'll give you two a moment." She smiled and Zayn nodded, thanking her.

"See? I told you there was nothing to worry about." Harry smiled, kissing him softly. Zayn smiled lazily back, massaging his sore belly. "Thank you...for coming today. It really means a lot." Zayn breathed and Harry chuckled. "Of course I'll come Z, you're my boyfriend." Harry laughed and Zayn rolled his eyes.

Harry started to move the wand like device over Zayn's belly, searching for a closer look of their son. "He looks like he's kicking you." Harry smirked and Zayn laughed. "Yep, he is." Zayn admitted and Harry chuckled. Harry reached over to kiss Zayn again, kissing his mouth deeply and that's when they heard the door open. "Oh! I'm sorry." Dr McPherson apologized and Harry pulled away, shaking his head. Zayn was blushing furiously, staring down at his belly. "All righty, I think that's everything. Here's a photo for you both." She smiled, handing one to them. Harry thanked Dr McPherson, slipping it in his back pocket before helping Zayn sit up on the table.

Dr McPherson left again and Harry helped Zayn clean himself up before slipping on his t shirt. They walked out, hand in hand out of medical center but when they got out the exit, they dropped hands and stopped dead. Millions and millions of fans were crowding round the gates, screaming at them. Worry washed through Zayn and he stood closer to Harry. "How did they find us here?" Zayn croaked and Harry sighed, sweeping his hair to the side. "C'mon, let's go." he mumbled, taking Zayn's arm but Zayn stopped him and started walking over to the fans.

"Z! What are you doing?" Harry shouted angrily over the screaming fans but followed him all the same. Zayn was careful not to go to close to the barrier but still signed some fans notebooks and took pictures. Harry kept a close eye on him, biting his lip as he walked ahead. "Harry, are you and Zayn dating? You look cute together." A fan smiled next to him. Harry ignored her, giving her a short look before following after Zayn. "Zayn, why are you at a medical center? Is everything okay?" A fan asked Zayn as Harry moved closer. Zayn smiled a little, gazing at the fan. "Everything's fine." Zayn replied honestly and Harry wrapped a hand around his waist, pulling him close.

"Come on Z, we need to go." Harry whispered in his ear and Zayn sighed, sending one last smile to the fans before heading off in the other direction. "Do you know how dangerous that was?" Harry frowned as they got into the car. "Relax Harry, nothing happened." Zayn replied, putting on his seatbelt. "But it could've." Harry retorted with a scowl and Zayn rolled his eyes.

When they arrived home, Zayn walked into the living room and went to bring out his pocket but sooner realized it wasn't there. He fumbled in his pockets a few more times before giving up. "Harry?" Zayn called uncertainly and Harry looked back at him. "Harry, my wallet. It's gone." He gasped, throwing his jacket on the couch.

"What is?" Harry asked curiously, turning around. "My wallet, it's gone!" Zayn said frustratingly. "Did you not leave it in the car?" Harry suggested and Zayn shook his head, a troubled look on his face. “I would’ve felt it leave my pocket.” Zayn replied and Harry walked over to him, looking anxious. “What if you left it at the doctors? You had it there.” Harry offered and again, Zayn shook his head. “I had it out of my pocket to put the picture inside. I bet you some immature fan saw me outside with it and thought it’d be funny to snatch it.” Zayn huffed, bringing out his phone and Harry’s eyes widened at the thought. “Babe, I’ll call Paul. I’m sure he’ll be able to sort it out.” Harry assured him, placing a hand on his arm to stop him. Zayn looked nervous, his eyes starting to water as he handed over his phone to Harry. “I don’t get it though. Why take my wallet and not my phone? It’s like they know something’s up.” Zayn accused thoughtfully and Harry nodded knowingly. “It’ll be all right, I promise.” Harry soothed, calling Paul. Zayn folded his arm across his chest, looking at Harry while he talked to Paul and when he hung up, he gave him a hopeful look.