1

Its nails pierce my body.

                                                                      It scratches my skin of my bones.

                                                           It's taking my bloody heart out of my chest.

                                                                               Blood flows everywhere.

                                                        It's laughing while looking how I'm slowly dying.  

My alarm goes off. It's already 10 am. I've got trouble with turning it off. I'm so tired. I yawn and get out of bed. I walk to the bathroom and wash my face. I look really tired. The new neighbors are moving next door today. I hope they are nice people. I dress myself up and brush my teeth. I go downstairs and I see Chiko waiting for me. I go to the kitchen and make some breakfast. A delicious waffle with a baked egg. I sit down at the table and begin to eat. Chiko starts to eat of her food too.

I look on my watch. They should be coming by now. I stand up and put my jacket on. I walk outside and a van arrives at the house. Behind the van parks a car. Three people get out of a car. A man, a woman and a girl. I walk towards the people. 'Hello miss.' The woman says. 'Are you our new neighbor?' She asks. I nod. 'Yes ma'am, my name is Marah Monale.' I shake her hand. 'My name is Sophie Allison and this is my husband Simon and my daughter Sarah. It's nice to meet you.' I greet them and shake their hands too. 'Should I help you with the boxes?' I ask politely. 'That would be nice. Thank you.' Simon says. I smile and follow Simon to the van. 'Here grab this.' He gives me a box and I walk into the house. 'Where should I put this?' I ask at Sophie who's standing in behind me with another box. 'You can put it in the kitchen.' She says as she points at the table in the kitchen. I put down the box on the table and walk outside to the van again.

'Should I help you to put everything its place?' I ask when all the boxes are inside. Sarah shakes her head. 'No, that's not needed.' She says. She looks quite scary and so I nod. 'Why don't you stay to drink a cup of coffee as a thanks?' Sophie says. I smile. 'Thank you.' I say.

I take a seat and Sophie puts a cup of coffee in front of me. 'Why did you move to California?' I ask. Sophie sits down in her chair. 'We used to live in Egypt but our house was becoming old and it was no longer safe so we couldn't live in it anymore.' I take a sip of my coffee. 'But why did you move so far away? There were other houses much closer, right?' Simon smiles. 'We always wanted to go to California so why not move here?' I nod. 'I see.' I feel Simon's eyes burning through my body. He has been staring at me for the whole time I've been here. I feel uncomfortable.

'Well, I should be going now.' I say and stand up. 'Thanks for your help.' Simon says as he smiles. 'No problem.' I say and I walk out of the door.

I see a bike standing against my house. It must be Jason. I knew him since I was little. It all began after something terrible happened. A day before Christmas my father was murdered by an unknown creature. My mother became depressed after that and one day I came home and I saw her. Hanging at a rope.

She was dead.

That's all I remember. Somehow I lost my memories of my past. I was lying on the streets half-awake when a boy helped me. Since then I became met Jason. He became a policeman and he's been with me till now. He cared for me and always consoled me on the day before Christmas. But he doesn't know my parents are dead. He stayed with me because I lost my memories. I fell in love with him. He still doesn't know it and I want to wait until the right time.