31

Damien was waiting for me at the school's door after the school. He looks behind me. No doubt wondering if my honey was coming. He smiles when he doesn't see him, pulling me into his arms. I go willing. His warmth is too inviting.

"Where's your friend," he asks when I pull away. I frown and start to walk away. My thoughts return to what could have happened last night. I blush as I remember the almost kiss we shared. Zeke had never tried to kiss me before. I'm usually the one that initiates it first.

"If you're talking about Zeke, he didn't come today. It was Damien's turn to frown.

"He's been missing a lot of days lately. I guess it does no use to ask you, why him, does it?" I sigh and pull out my phone. I check it again, hoping that my honey has text me again. There was nothing. He told me to wait for him after school that he needed to talk to me. I turn from Damien and walk back into the school.

"Where are you going," he asks.

"To the bathroom," I tell him. I want to call my honey but with Damien standing there watching me, I wouldn't be able to. I walk into the bathroom to find Dominique standing at the mirror. She glares at me. I fight the urge to say something to her. I take out my phone and start to dial. I can feel her staring at me.

"What," I say.

"Do you really need both of them," she asks.

"What are you talking about?"

"You already have my brother following you around like a puppy. Do you need Zeke too?" I laugh.

"I do." I smile at her and start to finish dialing. She smacks the phone from my hand.

"I told him. Zeke isn't going to want you anymore. I told him what a psycho b**ch you are. He knows. I wouldn't be surprise if he turns you in to the police." She laughs, flipping her hair.

"My honey loves me and he always will. There's nothing that you could do or say that will make him leave me," I say. I start to walk away. Then it hits me. Dominique is the one who told my honey. Things could have gone differently. Zeke could have left me. I smile. How stupid of her to tell me she was the one? Now she had to pay.

"I'm going to take him from you," she says. "I can and will do it. Even if that means sending you to jail forever. Just watch."

"What did you say? You don't mean that."

"I always say what I mean. I've decided that I want Zeke and once my mind is set on something, there's no going back. So, you just need t..." I had closed the distance between us my hands around her neck before she could finish her sentence. I smash her head against the mirror. It cracks under the force. Dominique starts to scream. I need her to be quiet. I take quick looks back to the door to make sure no one is coming. When I'm certain there is no one there I remove the string from my hoodie and wrap it around her neck.

She started to gasp for air as I tightened the cord around her neck. I could see the cord cutting into her soft skin, causing her beautiful red blood to flow in small ripples down her neck. I watched as she struggled in agony, clawing at my hands with all her strength. She tried to scream but only the gurgled sound of the dying was all she managed. Her eyes pleaded for me to stop but only a twisted grin looked back at her.