6

I watched as the new girl walked towards my honey’s desk. I tried to suppress my anger and put on a smile for his sake, it was too soon after Trudy’s death to kill again. It was killing me the way she went out of her way to talk to him. She walked over to him and bent over his desk, exposing her chest to him.

                “You’re Zeke, right,” she asked flipping her dark red hair. My honey looked up from his notebook and licked his lips.

                “I am. What can I do for you?”

                “The teacher wanted me to ask you to show me around. I’m Dominique, by the way.”

                “Su…” I cleared my throat interrupting my honey and that girl. I grabbed my honey’s hand and glared at that girl. My honey couldn’t seriously be interested in this person. Just the other day it was Trudy he wanted. She looked irritated and began chewing her gum noisily.

                “I didn’t know you had a girlfriend,” she said, looking from Zeke to me. “When I asked, everyone said that you two were just friends.”

                “We are just friends,” Zeke told her. I frowned at those words. I knew they were true but to hear my honey say them, bothered me. My honey laughed at my expression and patted my hand.

                “So then it’s okay if you show me around then,” she asked.

                “Of course, she won’t be alone,” a voice said before Zeke could answer. We all turned in its direction. I was surprised when I saw that it was the strange guy from the other day. He winked at me with a violet eye. “What my sister forgot to mention, is that your friend here will be showing both of us around. Will that work for you?” His eyes never left my face as he spoke.

                “Damien,” she yelled, turning around and hitting him on the shoulder. “What are you doing?”

                “I hope,” he continued ignoring his sister, “that you’ll accompany my sister and I around the school as well.” He walked over to my desk and took a seat beside me. He grabbed my hand only to have it snatched away by my honey. My honey scowled at the new boy, only to receive a laugh in return.

                Damien’s gaze had traveled the length of my body before he spoke again. The way he was looking at me made me feel uncomfortable and I visibly shook. There was something wrong with this guy. As his sister flirted and begged Zeke to give her a tour, not once did his eyes leave me.

                Class isn’t going to start for a while now,” I said, getting up and pulling my honey with me. “How about we get the tour over now?” There were a few murmured yes as the siblings followed Zeke and I out of the class.

******

The final bell had ringed, signaling the end of the school day. I found her in one of the abandoned classrooms talking to my honey. As I entered the classroom, the two of them jumped apart. I had seen it though. I had seen her arms around my honey’s waist, holding him close. I approached the couple hiding in the corner, each step I took echoing in the empty classroom. I stopped two inches in front of them and tapped a finger to my chin. I smirked at their startled faces.

                “So,” I asked. “What’s going on here?” The pair looked from one to another, trying to find a possible excuse to what they were doing alone in a darkened classroom.

                “What does it matter,” that Dominique girl spat. “It’s not like you’re his girlfriend. He’s a big boy; he can do anything he wants.” I ignored the girl and looked over to my honey. He stood there watching with a sheepish look.