Welcome Home Baby

Welcome Home Baby

Time has come to take your beautiful new baby home.

17th July 2014 ( Brax is 2 days old )

Matthew's POV

I'm so proud of Sums, the way she handled the birth of our son, she's an amazing woman. I've spent the majority of her hospital stay with her, as I didnt want to miss out on anything. I know, I'll have plenty of time with her and Brax, but I'm just super excited that he's here with us. He is so small and cute, even though he was a whopping nine pounds and eleven ounces, very close to the ten both Sums and I predicted.

We have only had our parents and Katie visit us at the hosptial, well Katie had to have a nosy before she went home the day Brax was born. Sums was very worn out and tired, so they said they would be coming over tonight for a little welcome home party for Brax. Plus, it will save us cooking anything for dinner, because mum had recruited Summer's mum Louise to help with putting it together for us. 

"Hey Matt, having fun there?" Scotty chuckled as he came up behind me, I've been trying to work out how this stupid baby car seat hooks in, so I know it's safe.

"Not really, this bloody thing is a pain in the ass." I laughed and gave up on it for a minute, I turned to look at him better and noticed he his hand wrapped in a bandage. 

"What the hell did you do?" I asked and pointed to his left hand. 

"Thought it'd be fun to put a nail through it, and shit, that damn tetanus needle hurt." he chuckled and rubbed over the top of his arm where the needle must have been done.

"Serves yourself right, be more careful next time." I laughed. He is always distracted on a work site, it's a wonder he isn't missing a limb or two by now. 

"How's Sums and Brax doing?" he asked a minute later after he stopped rubbing his arm, can't be that bad, the little sook. You would think the nail would've hurt more.

"Yeah good, did you wanna come in and see them, before we head home, you're coming over later, right?" I asked as I reached in for the car seat and relocked the car. Sums most probably knows how that stupid thing works. 

"Awesome, I'm up for that, and I'm definitely coming, your mum cooks a mean meal." he chuckled as we headed off into the hospital. He's probably gonna have all the young nurses falling at his feet, with his blonde hair and blue eyes. Once we arrived in the maternity wing, which was packed to capacity, we made our way down to Sums room. 

"He is so gorgeous, he's gonna have all the girls falling head over heels, when he's older." I heard Hannah chuckle as we came into the the room. She's been looking after Sums and Brax during the morning shifts, and is crazy about him. All the nurses have said something about his long eyelashes and his little dimples, will make him a hit with the ladies.

"Yeah, I might have to buy a gun, to chase all the girls away." Sums giggled back. She was standing next to the bed changing his nappy with Hannah sitting on the bed along side them.

"I'll have to take him out and teach him all my best moves." Scott said as he walked up to see him, but got slapped by Sums. 

"No you won't be, he's going to be a gentleman." she said to him sternly.

"Congrats Sums, you and ugly over there, did good." he chuckled and pulled Sums in to a hug, as she giggled.

"Thanks Scotty." she smiled, and put her attention back on Brax, who was kicking his little legs up in the air. I put the car seat on the end of the bed and sat down opposite Hannah, who was practically eye raping Scott. Sums gave me a subtle look and a nod in their direction, and I spotted Scott stealing quick glances at Hannah, who blushed a little.