Chapter 1: All Aboard!

Start from the beginning

            Percy figured that it would look pretty weird to mortals seeing him carry a half dead girl in his arms around town. He wondered if the mist was working again now that the Doors of Death were closed, but he doubted it.

            So he tried to stay clear of people and avoid popular areas of the town which he discovered from a sign was called Crete, an island of Greece. Well, at least they were close to Athens somewhat. Were the other demigods already in Athens? Were they...dead? Percy gulped and kept walking, looking for any of the members of the Argo II.

            That's when he ran into someone. She was dressed in a lime green and white Greek Robe. She had long flowing brown hair and a grand crown on her head that was golden with gems on nearly every spot of it. She was obviously a Goddesses, but Percy didn't know which one.

            "Er, um..." Percy cleared his throat. The woman just stared at him.

            "Perseus Jackson," She said, "You need me right now, don't you?"

            "Uh, no offence but I don't even know who you are." Percy readjusted his grip on Hazel so she didn't slip out of his arms.

            "I am Tyche, Goddess of fortune, fate, providence, and chance," She explained, "I come only when a hero needs a little help, but doesn't ask for it, and I see you might need much help."

            Percy nodded slightly, "Can you heal my friend, Hazel?"

            The Goddess began to look over Hazel, feeling her forehead and checking out her pulse and stroking her hair, which Percy had no idea why she did that. Finally, the Goddess sighed and pulled back.

            "She has a great chance of death, but I may be able to chance her fate," Tyche told Percy.

            "Well, can you?" Percy asked after a few minutes.

            "You must do something for me first, Perseus. You see, my prize jewel on my crown has been stolen by a group of Telekhines, who plan on grinding it up and using it to craft a weapon. I need you to retrieve it before this happens and bring it back to me. At that time, I will heal your friend and return you safely back with the other demigods."     

            "But Hazel could die in that amount of time," Percy responded, "Plus, I don't even know where to start looking!"

            "I will not allow your friend to die yet, Perseus. And as for the location, I last spotted them down by the boat docks, in a rusty run down old boat," Tyche promised.

            "But if you know where they are, then why can't you do it yourself? I mean, just wondering." Percy didn't want it to come out mean.

            "I am very busy, Perseus, and if you do not accept than your friend will die and you may never return and find your other friends again."

            "I accept." Percy agreed and Tyche smiled, taking Hazel from his arms carefully. Her limp hand hung downwards.

            "I shall watch over her until you get my gem. Good luck, Perseus," Tyche winked, and vanished along with Hazel. Great, Percy had just made a deal with the Goddess of chance and fate. This might not turn out so great.

            But Percy trudged down to the boat docks. Look for a rundown boat. But there were tons of them! How would he know which one was the right one? He couldn't just go in all of them and ask, "Hey, have you possibly seen a group of Telekhines with a precious gem? Because I need to find them!"