30) New Company

Matt:

I found a new game to keep me preoccupied. 
Pacing.
I walked up and down the cell I was in, over and over until eventually my feet started to hurt, but even then I didn't stop pacing, I welcomed the pain, it was something to do. 
Boredom was taken to a new level. Had I thought it couldn't get any worse? How wrong I had been. I knew my sanity was being stretched to the limit, all I needed to do was start talking to myself out loud and I would be classified as mental. And I wasn't far off talking to myself. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad, it would be something to do, and who knows I could make a friend out of myself.
I sighed in frustration and ran a hand through my hair. I have got to stop thinking crazy thoughts. 
I was not going to resort to talking to myself. At least not for a few more days.

I stopped my fun game of pacing and sat in my favourite corner of the cell. I know, I have a favourite corner. It was the furthest away from the cell door and the wall and floor here seemed almost familiar to me, I could identify every crack and bump in the stone behind and underneath me. 
I pulled my knees to my chest to keep any warmth in me and rested my head on them, my hands resting on the back of my neck. I know it was bad to think, but I couldn't help but feel slightly happy that Layla was coming for me. Just the thought of breaking free of these 4 walls had me bursting with happiness. I hadn't stepped out of this small cell in at least three weeks. I wasn't even allowed to go to a proper toilet, having made to go in a bucket opposite me. I can't say that a shower didn't sound nice. But Layla musn't come! She has to be kept safe, she's all that matters. But knowing that she was coming to get me, no matter how much I pleaded with her not to, made the time here a bit more bearable. Just a little bit longer, I would say to myself. Though I would stay in here forever if it meant keeping Layla from harms way. But then I would definitely go mad. 
What would happen when she got here? Would they bring me out to her, just so they can kill me in front of her? Or her in front of me? I knew I wouldn't be allowed to stay here, unaware of any pain Layla felt, they would make me watch it. Or perhaps even make me do it. No! I wouldn't do anything to harm her. Never! If they used accipere on me, the controlling spell, I would fight it, no matter what!
But what if...what if she won? I have seen some incredible stuff in my time, but none of it has even come close to the amazing things Layla had completed. Was it possible that...No, the prophecy isn't real, it's an old wives tale, created to give people hope, that's all. But could she beat them? I always thought she stood a small chance, but that was with me beside her, can she do it on her own? I sighed, I don't know.

A sudden amount of banging brought me back to the present and the joyous sight of my cell. 
What was that noise? I could hear thudding and muted words and it was getting increasingly louder. I could make out voices and the scuffles were getting closer. From my position I could see a faint light illuminating from down the passageway, getting brighter with every heart beat. What was going on? Who was coming to my cell?
I heard the louder voices and could recognise Lance and Kyles along with two other males who I had never heard before and also a female. A very annoyed female.

"When you said you were going to put me under, I didn't know that was what you meant! Would you please get off me?! I am asking nicely here! And seeing as you abducted me, I think you should be a little nicer, don't you think?!"

I stiffened. I had heard that voice, but where? How did I know this girl?

"Connor, you said she was a bit of a handful, but I didn't know she was this crazy," a gruff voice said, Lance.

"Yeah, feisty little thing ain't she?"

"HEY! What have I said to you about my height?! I AM AVERAGE! And you! Would you take your hands off me! Where are you taking me?! What the Hell is this place?!"