7) Her and Him

Matt:

I was sitting on a comfortable rock, if a rock could be comfortable, and overlooking a river. The river was close to the house I was renting, just a few metres into the woods. It was close to moonlight and the sky was getting gradually darker. Not that that bothered me, I liked the dark, It's where I can think and this rocks seems like a perfect place to be alone with my thoughts.The river was starting to shine in the moonlight that was slowly rising and it flowed silently through the wood.

I thought Layla was a witch the first time our eyes met. She of course had no idea what her body was trying to tell her at the time, but I was used to being in the presence of magicians and met new people everyday, so I knew what the pull to her meant, still I wasn't sure, I mean what were the chances of coming to this remote town, far away from any magic and within the first day of school I had met a witch? I just couldn't believe it. But I had to be sure, I had to know, so I walked into her on purpose as she rounded a corner, giving me a perfect excuse to touch her hand or arm. The skin to skin contact would confirm it. That was when I knew she was a witch. There was no denying it, my mind was practically screaming it at me. 

I had to shield my thoughts from her so she didn't realise what I was or who I was, I would tell her, I just had to make sure she wasn't some crazy psycho witch who had tracked me down and intended to kill me, or tell my parents where I was - it could happen, I would have hated to kill her, but thankfully her mind was full of no such thing, and I was rather happy to know her thoughts towards me were quite the opposite.

We had a really good session in the woods earlier, after talking about my good for nothing brother and them, the group who in my opinion didn't deserve a name, we really got down to business and I could see Layla's powers blossoming, she was a powerful thing, despite her small frame. 

I was surprised about how much she could do, she had only fully developed her powers at the age of 16, meaning she had had them a year, and with no training. She's not up to my level yet, but who can blame her, I've been around magic all my life, and as soon as I was able to, my parents gave me an excellent tutor, Sir Charles Belton, he knew almost everything to do with magic. But Layla, she had nothing and nobody.

Before, when I was in the kingdom, my life was filled with...nothing, darkness, although I had everything a rich Prince could ever want, and it's not like there wasn't any girls around and I admit I had had my fair share of those girls (being a Prince had perks), but now...I don't know, it's just different, she's different. And I like that.

When I had told her about my family I had anticipated shock, similar to when she was in the classroom, but again she surprised me. She barely seemed to even care! It felt amazing to be treated like an equal instead of  Prince Matthew . Egh I hated when they called me that, I can talk to Layla and not worry about saying things out of place, not that that stopped me before, but I do try making good first impressions, but what can I say, I say what's on my mind.

I don't regret telling her anything, not one bit and I'm glad she made me say it. I'm even glad I told her about Ethen.

I made a sound at the back of my throat, his name just makes me wants to punch something, and then punch some more. The fact that when I look in the mirror I see not only myself, but also him makes me want to claw at my face, to put some differences between us.

Thinking of him made me think of the Deathstag, the mention of the name makes me feel so angry. One day they will be stopped, whether it's because of this prophecy thing or whether my family will eventually sort them out. 

Ah the prophecy. In my opinion it's a load of rubbish, that one single person will be able to stop them because they contain an all powerful gift? Nah. Of course if that were true then it gives the Deathstag two reasons to kill this person. One, to kill him or her before they supposedly kill them, and two, so they can absorb their power and become an unstoppable force. I feel sorry for whoevers destiny this is. 

It wouldn't hurt to have a quick look at what Layla was doing would it? One small peek? I mean literally like 5....30 seconds? I could just - No Matt! what are you thinking? You can't just have a look and see what she's doing, it is a huge invasion of privacy! But what if she needed...I don't know some sort of help? No! Why on earth would she need your help? She's at home, safe. But what if she wasn't? I mean I would just be checking on her, just to make sure.. I mean I would be in and then out quick as a flash! Okay quick as a flash.

And with that I closed my eyes and sent out a probe with my mind for Layla. It stopped fairly quick and hovered in the air like a greenish glow. Using my mind I followed the glow until I was at her house, up her stairs, along a corridor and in her bedroom. I saw Layla sitting on her windowsill, hugging her knees and looking out the window. I wish I could be with her in person.

I opened my eyes and I was sitting on the rock overlooking the river. 

What was she thinking about? I wondered. I couldn't hear her thoughts, she was too far away. 

What if she was thinking about me? No probably not. It wasn't like I was in her every thought. 

Layla:

I couldn't stop thinking about Matt.

We had spent almost the entire day together and it had been amazing. He had taught me so much, not only about new spells and different types of magic, but also about myself and my History. He said I was learning quickly and that I would be able to do speech spells soon, which greatly pleased me, especially as I wanted to know how to fly. 

Since I came home I have been practising in my room as much as I could and I was happy to see that each time I did a spell I was gradually getting better at it. 

I was sitting on my window sill, looking out towards the forest and my mind was buzzing with that day's events. I got lost in the dark, peacefull tree's.

I still couldn't get my head around it all. Matt could do magic. And not only that, but he was a Prince! I was falling in love with a Royal! Okay maybe not in love, love is a strong word, but I like him more then I should. I had to admit my feelings sooner or later, every time my eyes met his I couldn't stop the fluttering that went on in my stomach. Every time we touched, it sent an electric shock all over my body, and not because my body was telling me he had magic. 

He walked me to the edge of the woods, by my house, and kissed me on the cheek before he vanished into thin air. The moment he was gone I missed him, just thinking about him now caused my heart to ache. 

I sighed and looked out towards the tree's again and hugged my knees closer to my chest. It was almost dark now, the moon was slowly rising up above the tops of the tree's and a gentle wind rustled the branches.   

It was Saturday tomorrow, the start of the week-end, and I was seeing Matt bright and early. We are going to meet in the woods at our now desinated spot and continue my magic development. It would be a lie if I said I wasn't excited about it, the idea of spending an entire day with Matt was very enticing, also who knows how far we can get with my magic. Matt said that I still had a lot to learn but he had every confidence in me.

His magic is amazing, he can do things that I've never even dreamed about  and he promised to teach me everything his tutor taught him.

I couldn't wait, tomorrow was going to be filled with excitement and challenges, the only thing is I couldn't figure out if this excitment was towards magic or Matt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey :)

hopefully you liked reading Matts point of view, I wanted to show you guys a little about what he was just thinking and not just what Layla was thinking.

I'm hoping you liked the youtube clip as well, the video has nothing to do with the chapter, but I liked the song so I put it up.

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it :D