26) Revealed

Layla:

Matt had apologised. He said that he didn't mean it, that it was just the stress of being cooped up for so long. That of course I wasn't going to die, and of course he would always be with me, that his responsibilities didn't trimph over his love for me.

Why didn't I believe him?

That had been two days ago, but it didn't change the fact that I knew he was right. Who was I kidding, I could never win against the Deathstag. But I didn't tell Matt that. I said that I forgave him, that I knew he didn't mean it and I 'understood'. To be honest it was just easier to pretend to not be effected by his words.

Things had been tense between the two of us, we both knew it, but we pretended other wise.

When was the last time Matt taught me something? Neither of us felt like learning after our fight and we barley did anything before that. How could things have changed so much? And when did it change? I never noticed it until now really.

Some days I feel like crying, I really do and nothing Matt says can comfort me. But then I remember who I am. I will not let the Deathstag take away my strength, my determination. And that's what stops me from crying. What use will it do? And I will not beg the Deathstag to have mercy on me, I will not grovel at their feet. I will stand strong and defiant, facing them, even if I have no hope in hell of winning. 

It would be what mum would have wanted. It was what I knew mum did when she faced them.

Mum. I hadn't had any more dreams since that time on the beach and when I found out what my dreams actually were. Could you blame me for being disappointed that I hadn't seen her again? I needed her so much right now and me and Matt had a theory that I might be able to properly communicate with her. By that I mean I will know that she is dead and know that it is dream, because I have been 'awakened' as Matt called it, I now know what the dreams are. Before I had no clue. Of course this is just a theory, I will have to find out next time she visits. If she visits. She spoke of how hard it is to get to me, how 'they' try to stop her. So I might never be able to see her again. But I can hope right?

"Layla."

I snapped my head to my right. Matt was sat at the end of his bed, staring at me.

"Layla, you okay? You've been out of it for about 5 minutes babe." Concern reflecting his features.

I smiled and shook my head. "Sorry, I was just thinking."

Matt smiled back and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"You know it will be alright, you have nothing to worry about, just relax."

I nodded absentmindedly. Does even he believe that? Because I certainly didn't. Although I appreciated the effort. 

"Tell you what," Matt spoke in my ear, "let's go watch a movie, we haven't done that in ages."

I smiled as Matt hopped off the bed and offered me his hand. I took it and the two of us whizzed out of his room, down the air lift, down the grand staircase, down the spiral stairs and into the movie theatre.

Wow that was a lot of downs.

I bounded in and settled myself in the middle of the first row as Matt went to the side and got us a huge bucket of toffee popcorn (the best).

While I was happily munching away on the heavenly goodness that was popcorn, Matt walked to the opposite wall and started walking along the long line of DVD's.

"What do you want to watch," he called, not turning round.

I shrugged, only afterwards realising that he couldn't see. "Whatever."