Guess You're Official

Jaime POV

______

It was so painfully adorable watching Vic hold River the way he was. You could see how scared he was to hold him, like River was fragile glass and Vic had butter on his hands. Both of them had fallen asleep on the couch though, River still in Vic's arms.Tony had long since left the room and so had Evie. Mike was up, but he seemed to be thinking heavily about something.

"You okay, Mike?" I asked him quietly. It was late and everyone else was already asleep. Mike nodded, his eyes distant. Mike was never really one for a full-blown conversation. He kept to himself but was willing to talk, if the conversation interested him.

"Just thinking." Mike muttered to me. I tried to not take his short answer personally. I nodded. I glanced at Vic and River again.

"Should we wake Vic?" I asked him. He looked at me then.

"What if we wake River as well? He might start crying."

"Okay, then should we put a blanket over them?"

"I dunno. I really just don't want to wake either of them. It's late and if River wakes up...you know how Tony is when you wake him up." We really were in a bit of a pickle. Neither of us wanted to leave the two sitting there, but how could we move them, without waking either of them?

"Fuck...We could try to get River to his bed, and then worry about Vic." I suggested. Mike was silent for a moment.

"Okay. I'll get River, and you try to wake Vic and get him to his bed." Mike agreed. I nodded. "On three. One..Two..Three, go!" He grabbed River from Vic's arms and hurried to take him to his bed before the infant could notice the difference. I began to shake Vic lightly.

"Babe, babe..get up. C'mon, you're on the couch." I whispered, hoping he'd wake up soon. He stirred and groaned quietly. He rubbed his eyes and then his eyes went wide.

"Oh, God. Where's River? Did I drop him? Fuck, shit. I dropped him. He's gonna have problems and it's my fault." He started rambling on thinking and worrying about River. It was funny and cute to watch him worry, when there really was no reason for him to be worrying.

"Babe. Calm down, Mike took him to his own bed. Neither of us wanted you to sleep on the couch." I explained to him calmly. He nodded, his breathing slowing and a small smile forming on his lips.

"Oh." He said in a small voice. "We should go to bed." He stood and linked his hand through mine as we went back to my bunk. He crawled into bed with me and made sure to press his body as close as possible to mine. "Goodnight, Jaime. I love you."

"Night. I love you, too." It didn't take ling for him to fall back asleep, but as for me, something was nagging me awake. Something wasn't right and I wasn't sure what it was. It was probably nothing, but my imagination getting the best of me again.