Arriving to Auradon

Carlos' POV

"Don't disappoint me." I heard Maleficent tell Mal right before we all got into the Limo. Mal, Evie, Jay, and I were all chosen to go to the Auradon as a way to prove to the people that we are not like our parents, evil I mean.

Okay, backstory time. Twenty years ago the king of Auradon (The Beast) took all the crooks and villains from the world and put them on an island, just a couple miles off the coast of Auradon. He named it 'The Isle of the Lost' and with Fairy God Mother's help, he put a magical barrier around it to ensure that no one would ever escape. They made it completely isolated and over time, it became a dirty rugged place where you always had to watch your back.

Now I'm not sure if it's because he didn't know or it's because we're the children of villains, but he kept us locked here too. Punishing us for our parent's doings, and isolating us from anything pure and good. Our parents raised us never in the best way, mostly because that's all they know.

Jay's dad just wanted him to constantly steal for him, he was money obsessed and wanted nothing more but for him to have everything and anything he wanted. Which was never good.

Evie's mom raised her in all the wrong ways too. She taught her that all she needed was her looks and a man to survive in life. She told her that anything else was just useless and whenever Evie tried to prove herself to her mother in any other way besides beauty, her mom would be disappointed. It was really upsetting to watch, mostly because we all knew how smart Evie was and watching her intelligence get pushed away was really sad.

You may have heard the stories of my mom. The women who seen animals (specifically dogs) as nothing more than fur coats and jackets. She didn't raise me all that well either. She mostly used me as a personal slave rather than a son. She made sure to drill 2 things in my head. Number 1, All dogs are an evil, vicious beast. Number 2, it's either her way or no way. I learned that the hard way when I was younger and I never forget it. Maybe that's something I'll talk about later.

But none of us had it as bad as Mal did. Maleficent treated her like she would never live up to her. She constantly puts her down and makes sure that Mal knows that she isn't good enough. We were all pretty sure that Maleficent didn't love Mal at all, she wouldn't even tell her her full name. But it seemed to be okay for her, whenever Mal and her mom would get in a huge fight, the three of us would always try to talk to her but she just said she was fine and that it was normal for them.

I'm not saying I hate my life, I don't. This Island has given me some of the closest friends I could ever have, I sometimes bust out into random songs to build the drama factor, and I was raised here. No matter what it's always gonna be my home, and I'll always have that feeling of love for it.

Flash forward to the current day, the beast is now passing the throne down to his son, Prince Ben. And as Ben's first act as king, he is giving the next generation of The Isle a chance that his father would never give. Starting with four, he is going to bring children of villains to Auradon for a semester to see if they are or aren't just as evil as their parents, and lucky for us, we're the first four.

Our parents allowed us to go, with my mom it took a bit of convincing but it worked. Maleficent made sure that this would be her second chance at taking over the world. She is going to have us steal the Magic Wand from Fairy God Mother and have us break the barrier of the island so she could use her magic to take over.

"Hey what are you thinking about?" Jay asks as he nudges some chocolate towards me.

"Oh nothing, just talking to the voices in my head," I say, using the old expression to hide that fact that I was reminiscing about our lives. I gladly took the chocolate and tried it and instantly I became hooked. "Oh my god!" I yell and me a Jay both dive into the little chocolate bar they had and Evie just rolls her eyes, fixing her makeup.

~~Skip to the arrival~~

"The doors to wisdom are alway open! But the library hours are from 8-11 and as you've heard I have a little thing about curfews," With that Fairy God mother left, along with the band and it left the four of us, Ben, and Audrey

"I am so happy to finally meet you all." 'Prince' Ben said after a moment of awkward silence.(A/N I was going to go in the order of how he shook their hands individually in the movie but I'm going to move two people around for the sake of this story) He walked up to Jay to give him a hand shake but Jay friendly/roughly punched him on the chest. Ben was caught off guard and made a sorta wincing noise.

He moved to Mal next. Mal was just staring at him intently, no facial expression just an intent stare. Ben shook her hand as he talked about how this was a monumental moment for everyone involved.

After Mal, he went to Evie. Evie was being really flirty, following her mother's instructions of "Finding a prince with big castle". Although this kinda surprised Ben, he was still nice about it.

And lastly, he came to me. I currently had a little bit of choclate of the bottom right side of my lips and I guess a little bit on my finger. When he shook my hand he pulled away and look down at his hand with confusion in his eyes.

"Is that chocolate?" He chuckles to himself and I noticed there was a little bit of chocolate on his thumb. He puts his thumb up to his mouth and sucks the chocolate off of it and my eyes go kinda wide. Did he really just do that? I guess he was kinda shocked at what he did too because his eyes went big and he looked at me.

Our eyes met and I instantly felt shyer than I had been two seconds ago. There is one thing that no one else really knows about me, well one person does. I am gay. I found out when I realized I had a crush on Jay when we were 12 years old. He's also the only other person that knows because he caught me staring at him once and I was a really bad liar.

"What's your name?" He asks me, which is odd because he didn't ask any of them.

"I'm Carlos, I'm the son of Cruella De Vil," I tell him and he slightly takes a small step back. It was so small I don't think he even knew he did it, but as someone who gets insecure about their parents a lot, I noticed it and I looked down quickly.

"Let me show you guys to your rooms." He says to me and Jay.

"And I'll take you gals to your dorms!" Audrey said to Evie and Mal with a lot of excitement and pep in her voice. They left and it was the three of us left.

"Let's go!"

~~~

Hey guys, I hope you liked it. This has been sitting in my Drafts for so long, like a month after the first Descendants came out. I was searching a fanfiction for Benlos (Ben/Carlos) and I came across this picture and I was like "Omg I should write a fanfiction about them" and then I wrote this. Anyways stay tuned for chapter 2!

~Nickie~