26

I stand in the same spot for a couple of minutes, waiting for Alex to finally do something or at least tell me who's the man standing right in front of us, smiling. She's is standing there, frozen solid, so I know that this person had something to do with the past she greatly loathes. 

   "Alex," I whisper in her ear. "Who is that?" 

   Alex just stands there for a couple of minutes, then walks up to him and slaps him. Hard. I'm pretty sure Cali heard it from here. Shoot, it completely woke me up. My eyes widen. I never thought she had it in her. She can't even kill a bug and now she slapped a grown man.

   The man touches his face and looks at Alex, appalled. She brings her hand to her hips and shifts her weight to the right leg. "You're one son of a bitch." She speaks. "I'm more mad at you, than I am with mom. You fucking bastard." She rolls her neck along with the words slipping out of her mouth.

   So this is her..... "Father." Alex says, as if she's reading my mind.

   "You know." I turn to Big Joe, who was just standing there, hand in hand. "This has been one long ass fucking day." I said. "Shit, what I meant to say is week."

   "I would've killed his ass." Big Joe says out loud for the man to hear.

   Ignoring Joe, the man, turns back to Alex. "It's been so long. You look beautiful." I can see the gleaming in his eyes. He wants to run up to her and hug her. Possibly have a long, decent conversation with her, asking her how her life went.

   "Yeah, I know. You left, remember?"  Alex gets straight to the point.

   He sighs. "I know what I did was wrong, but..." Alex interrupts.

   "BUT WHAT?!" Alex berates. "You have no perfect explanation as  to why you left me alone with mom and went with Aiden. You went off and married some trash, leaving me back there suffering for majority of my life."

   Just when he was about to speak, a lady and a guy who seems to be a bit older than me and a little girl who seems to be Jessica's age or younger, walks out of the elevator and over to him. The lady interlocks her arm with his while the other arm is laying on his chest. She kisses his cheek. "Hunny... Who is this?" She looks Alex up and down.

   "Yeah dad. Who's this?" The girl asks.

   The guy, who I'm guessing is Aiden, is staring at Alex as if he has seen her somewhere before. "This is my daughter... Alexis." The man says.

   And that's when it hit Aiden. His eyes widen, he slips his phone in his pocket. He walks up to her, but she takes a step back. "STOP!" She yells and that's then I walk by her side and bring my arm around her neck. Big Joe was behind us, but I signaled him to move back a little, so he won't do anything stupid.

   "I'm not your daughter anymore." Alex coldly responds. "You came up with that decision when you left mom and I for this... bitch." Alex now looks her up and down, in disgust.

   "Excuse you?" The lady removes her hand from the man, as if she was about to do something. Not on my watch.

   "No... You've been excused for too damn long." Alex slowly removes my hand from around her and walks up to that lady. "You know, it's skanks like you that I really can't stand, next to dead beat fathers." She takes a deep breath. "You knew my father was married and you still went after him.. Want to know why?"

   The lady cross her arms and nods

   "Because you're one desperate hoe." Alex snaps, saying it so clearly for everyone to hear. "Don't get me wrong." She points to her dad. "He's in the wrong too, but you fucking ruined a happy home. Hell, you ruined my life."

   She turns to her dad. "I went through fucking hell growing up. Mom was on drugs, I was abused, homeless,and  on my own for 15 years."

   "You can' talk to my parents like that." The girl jumps in. "I don't know who you are, but your parents should've thought you better than that."

   Now this little girl is slow. What have this whole discussion been about? Not unicorns and cookies. Get with the program. "Too bad my parents weren't good enough to teach me anything."

   "And whose fault is that?"

   "Your mother's." Alex turns back to the lady. "I do have respect for people, but how can I have respect for a lady who doesn't respect herself or other people's relationship?"

   "My mom..." Her dad interrupts.

   "Alex.... Calm down." The dad says, referring to the girl. Now that's fucked up. Naming his daughter that he actually been a father to, his other daughter's name. And I can tell that Alex is hurt by that, considering she moved back and kept looking back and forth from her father and that girl.

   She just nods her head. " Mom's a bitch, but you're a bigger one. So thank you." Alex says, stepping back. "For showing what not to be in life."

   She looks at her brother. "Even though you're not as wrong as he is, I hope you don't turn out to be like him because I'm sure it sucks having your child hate you, but then again, he doesn't seem to mind." She looks back at her dad.

   "Alexis.." Her brother speaks, but Alex just walks away, not wanting to hear anymore shit these people have to say. The lady is on hush mouth, the daughter looks like she's trying to find a definition of a word, and the father and son looks appalled by everything that just happened.

   Now... it's my turn to say something.

   "That's fucked up." I said, looking at the father. "Alex is such a wonderful person and what you two have done to her," I point to the father and son. "Is wrong. She did go through so much in her life, but you know what... She came out as a strong individual who's now living her life in Cali. I want you two to really think about what you guys have done. Not only to her, but her mother, who threw herself away because she lost you. You ruined two great people and for you to call this girl." I look at Alex. "Alex, is wrong of you...... Have a nice night." I walk away with Big Joe behind me.

   I walk into the room and find Alex sitting on the bed playing with her thumbs. I just wish that I can take the pain away, but there's nothing much I can do, but walk with her through each and every step. Support her and it'll heal later on its own.

   "Baby." I sit down next to her and rub her back. "Baby, are you ok?"

   She sighs. "Yeah."

   "Baby. I don't believe you." I say with my lips against her cheeks. I tackle her down, on the bed. One leg wrapped around her.

   "I just want to leave here. It was a mistake coming here." She groans. "I really want to be home, and in the dance studio." She looks at me.

   "I know." I bring my hand to her ass and rub it. I know what she likes.

   She giggles. "This is serious Damien. You can't be rubbing my ass."

   "Who said?" My eyes starts to close. I am really tired and when we get back home, I have football practice and several other things to do. I might as well get some sleep not before we get back home to a busy schedule.

   "Goodnight baby." She kisses my forehead.

   "Goodnight." I kiss her chin.

______________

A/N: Finally updated!

I feel bad that I can't update like I used to, trust me I really do. But school comes first and since it's my senior year, it requires A LOT of work. I know how it feels to wait a long time for your favorite book to update. I hate that and I know some of you guys feel the same way.

Please tell me how you feel.