16

Here I am, sitting in my car, not sure if I should go in or not. I'm scared. Hell, after what I said to her, I wouldn't want to communicate with myself either. I know this won't go well. We're both wrong for what we did, especially me. It's my fault that this whole shit happened between us. I know that there will be tears, and possibly shouting.

I sigh and exit the car with a plate of food that my mom cooked earlier and a big card and teddy bear. I want her to know that people love her. I love her, even though I kept denying it these past few months. Eli was right. She's my lover and I want her in my arms, even through our mistakes.

"How may I help you?" The receptionist asks.

"I'm here to see Alexis Carmichael." I adjust the gifts in my hand to prevent it from falling.

"Sir. Visiting hours were two hours ago, but since you won that game yesterday, I'll let you slide." She smiles, showing her chipped tooth. She's pretty, but once she smiles, all that goes away. She needs to get that fixed immediately.

I smile back. "Thank you. Do you know what room she's located in?"

"Hold on." She types Alexis name into the computer. "Oh, um right now she's in a group discussion in room 415." She fixes her glasses.

"Thank you." I start to walk away.

It was pretty hard trying to locate this room. I had to go through halls and buildings just to find this small thing. I look through the window and find a group of people, about 10, sitting in a circle. Alex is there looking down at her thumbs, which she's playing with. She tends to do that a lot

.

I slowly open the door and sit all the way in the back. "Way to go Lauren." The leader of the group says, as people starts to clap.

More people began to speak as they go around the circle. Hearing their stories makes me think about how blessed I am. Even before I became rich.

"Alexis." He says. She slowly raise her head. "Would you like to speak?" He asks.

She doesn't respond. "Come on Alex, you listen to ours. It's only fair if we listen to yours." This guy says in a sweet tone, trying to cheer her on.

"Yeah, plus, we never heard you spoke ever since you came here." A girl adds.

I slowly stand up and volunteered. "I'll go." I said from far behind. I can see Alex slowly turning her head towards me, then she looks back down. I know I'm not a patient here, or whatever you call it, but I do have something I'll like to speak about.

"I'm sorry, this is for only people who has.." -

"I have a problem, that I'd like to get out of my chest." I interrupt. My problem is not as big as theirs, but it's big for me.

"Well... Come up then." He motions. I walk up the podium.

I clear my throat and fold my hands. I feel as if I'm doing a football interview, but with less people. "Hi.. My name is Damien Carter. My problem is that I lost a girl that I love dearly over some stupid bet I made." I look at Alex.

"Damien Carter... San Diego Chargers?! Way to go man!" A guy shouts.

"Thanks, but I'm not done." I said. This wasn't the time for that. "Was I stupid for taking the bet? Damn right I was. I didn't expect to have feelings for her, but it did form along ever since our first date -- the picnic." She looks up at me. "She's worth more than $500. I didn't mean to hurt her. I actually wanted to cancel the bet before hand, but being the jerk that I am, I didn't. However, you know whatever is hidden in the dark, will come to light. I wanted her to find out, but not the way she did."