Chapter 5: Amberlynn

A/N: Danielle

So, there was this glich or something where half of this chapter disappeared. Luckily, I had it saved in my computer. The only thing is, some parts might not make sense, because it wasn't easy getting it from my computer to here.

Just a fair warning for all y'all out there.

----------------------

I close the front door lightly, pulling out my phone and texting my mom that I was at the mall with a new... friend.

Is that what Chloe was? I friend? The thought was odd to me. I ruined her life. We could never have a perfect reletionship. As they say, trust is like a piece of paper. Once its ruined, it will never be perfect again.

Chloe's face was pink. I think she was still embarassed she came over to my house, but it might just be the cold biting at her cheeks. I didn't believe she did this. I mean, she had to know that I did that to her. Porta-potties don't just fall. I think we all know that. But for some reason, everyone trusted me. They didn't think that I would be mean enough to knock someone in a porta-potty over.

I still didn't believe I did that.

"So, the mall, right?" I asked Chloe as we walk down the street.

She nods curtly, her feet glued to the pavement.

"You know," I told her, "You can exchange a few words with me. I don't want to be talking the entire time."

She nodded curtly again, them realized her mistake. "Yes," she said in a tight voice.

"Chloe, look. You and I... don't have the best history. You know that. We don't particularly like each other, but that doesn't mean that we hate each other."

Think about that paper of trust, Amberlynn, I thought to myself. If it rips, there's no chance of survival.

"True," Chloe approved, nodding her head slowly. "But does that mean we have to be friends? Not to be rude or anything, but I don't really want to leave my friends."

"You could be like that friend of yours," I prompted. Wait, what was I doing? Was I trying to convince her to be friends with me? "Um, what's her name... Alexi, right? She comes at sits with us sometimes 'cause she's friends with Maria. So, couldn't you do the same?"

Chloe got a confused look on her face. "I guess, but Amberlynn, we aren't even friends yet."

Yet, I repeat to myself. I smile slyly and look at her. "You said we aren't even friends yet." I mentioned, emphasis feeling nessesary.

She shrugged and her ears tinged a slight red, but I could tell it wasn't because of the cold. Did she want to be friends?

Did I want to be friends?

All these questions raced through my mind as we turned to corner and the small strip mall came into sight. It was long and thin, looking like it was made out of logs. But I knew better. It was probably fake logs, because that was a lot of wood for southern New York.

"Do you have money with you?" I asked her. I always had my silver credit card with me. You never know when something like this would come up.

"Yeah," she said, pulling a gold credit card out of her pocket.

I pulled out my silver one. "Look! They kind of match!" I exclaimed.

Chloe laughs. "Right."

I shrugged. "At least I didn't bring the money I got working at the strip club," I joked.