Chapter 3: Amberlynn

I had to pee right now. Is this what I get for trying coffee for the first time this morning? There's a Starbucks down the street from BS that Bronagh goes to everyday with Henry, and today I decided to tag along with them and get some hot chocolate, which I usually ask Henry to get me anyway. Only this time, Bronagh forced me to get real coffee. And, of course, in the biggest size.

Ususally I cram my lunch down my throat and go to the bathroom for the rest of lunch to just kind of... hang out. Most of my friends go in there for make-up touch-ups, but I just lay back and watch them complain about their thin eyelashes and uneven skin tone.

So, anyway, running to the bathroom because I really have to pee. My Emus are sliding on the newly waxed floor of the school, the light reflecting from the sandy tiles. I let out a sigh of relief when I see the bathroom on the corner. I push open the door and walk in as casually I can with a bladder filled to the rim.

I see no one is in the bathroom, so I run to the nearest stall.

After, you know, doing my buisness, I get up from the toilet and go to a sink. At that moment, someone breathing in shaky breaths and gasping a lot comes running through the door. Someone's trying not to cry. I can't help the smirk that crosses my face when I realize who it is. It was Chloe.

She lays her fingers delicately on the sink. Her fingers grip the sides and she looks like she might blow chuncks any second now. She takes in a deep breath and looks up at me.

The shock that is laid out on her face is priceless. "Amber!" She cries out.

"It's Amberlynn and you know it," I snort. I couldn't help these next words as they left my mouth. "I hope you had a... great weekend."

I spun on my heel, satisfied. I had to go tell the girls that Chloe was near to tears in the bathroom. Juicy gossip, that is.

"Yes, I did have a great weekend, Amber. I especially enjoyed how my house is decorated now; nice and TP'ed," Chloe sneered.

I turned to face her, my face letting the shock lay out on it. Why did Chloe have the nerve to talk to me that way? I stayed quiet; I knew she wasn't done.

"I hope you also enjoyed your weekend Amber. I hope you take pride in what you did. You can laugh at me, you can make my life a living hell, but I honestly just don't care. I don't care what you think, or what anyone else thinks, so go ahead and laugh. Go take some more pictures of me being humiliated, or pranked, or whatever you have in store for me! But I know that you care what others think, and that is your weakness." She was suddenly out of breath, and her face let me know that she didn't know what she just did.

"I didn't take the pictures," I muttered to myself, hoping that she could hear it. I took a deep breath and put my game face on. Time for some action. "You know what Chloe?" I asked her with my best scowl. "There's one thing in common we'll always have; we're both cold, heartless bitches."

She looked surprised, but still in her own little world. She was always in her own little world.

I nodded and smiled cooly. "Call me sometime. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, right?"

I winked at her shocked face and struted out of there. I needed to find the girls so I could tell them-- wait, no. I wasn't going to ruin her life. Not again.

~.~

It was the summer in between fifth and sixth grade. Chloe and I didn't really know each other then, but we both had some friends. The entire sixth grade was gathered at a park near the middle school. It was so all these newbies could make friends before school started.