Lothlorien

You stayed silent most of the way to Lothlorien. There wasn't anything you deemed worthy to speak of in such a time. Your mind kept flying back to the great emptiness of Khazad-dum, watching as Gandalf fell into oblivion. The fellowship seemed to have the same thoughts, as no words were exchanged except the occasional inquiry about location or wellbeing. Many of you were injured, and thankfully most of them were flesh wounds. You would have stopped to try and heal them yourself, but your exertion of power back in the tomb had drained you, leaving you little energy to keep up with Aragorn blazing the trail. Once your strength had returned, you swore to yourself... to Gandalf that you would heal them, even if they were merely scratches.

His words still echoed in your mind, giving you the willpower to continue, 'If I cannot be there for them, I know you'll bring them guidance... You have the power that Sauron does not. Love for the people around you. Within you that power is of the stars. I know you will guard them well.'

A stray tear escaped the corner of your eye at his memory, but you wiped it away subtly. The rugged, rocky terrain slowly began to soften into fields of long grass, making it easier to pick up the pace. Jogging into the tree line, you expected yet another dark forest overhung with thick greens and tall oaks, but it was quite the opposite. Thin, pale birches dressed in golden layers of leaves welcomed you. The setting sun cast warm rays on the woodland floor as silvery drops of foliage hovered to the ground. It was quiet and calm and peaceful.

That was until Gimli opened his mouth to corral Frodo and Sam, "Stay close young hobbits! They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods... An elf witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell,... and are never seen again."

Your brows began to narrow at Gimli's ghost story, wondering if he was indeed telling the truth. A bright flash of ethereal blue light entered your mind, followed by piercing sapphire eyes and a haunting feminine voice, '____... You are coming to us. Is as the footsteps of doom! You bear great power, but also great evil, Agarmûl!'

You stopped dead in your tracks at the sight, a bit startled. You had grown used to Sauron entering your mind, so to hear this woman's voice in your head was less of an alarming situation, and more of a startling conversation. Whoever it was, you were fairly certain that you would cross paths.

"____?" Frodo put a hand on your back in concern, "Are you alright?"

You nodded with a faint smile, reassuring your friend while Gimli readied himself for anything, "Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox."

Quite suddenly your eyes were met with the sharp points of silver arrows. Your muscles tightened as you glanced up to make eye contact with the silver clad elf. On instinct you stepped in front of Frodo and Sam, deciphering the situation. Many bows were drawn, Legolas' among them as your company was surrounded.

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." A tall, silvery blonde elf charmed his way into the circle to asses his captives.

Night slowly crept upon the woodland, tossing everything in the pale blue light of the moon. The troop of elves brought you into the trees for an explanation as to your presence. In the short amount of time you had been with them, you had already observed their incredible skills. You had caught glimpses of it within Legolas, but most of the time you were to occupied with fighting for your life to notice. They were silent, proud and strong. Limber and lithe when it came to traversing the woodlands of Lothlorien, and lets not forget incredibly fair in appearance.

Thankfully, Legolas was known to them, and in good friendship with the lead elf, Haldir. Once settled amongst the treetops on sturdy platforms, the commander began the pleasantries, "Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion."*