Chapter 8

Hey guys!!! I don’t really have a lot to say, except Harper, Emily you two really have a lot to do with this chapter (because you two wouldn’t quiet bugging me about it) lol, just kidding I love that you guys love it. :) So I don’t own The Outsiders S.E. Hinton does, I’m just a fan. Enjoy!

Ponyboy pov

                It’s been a few days since Carrot moved in with us, and she is currently “sharing” a room with Darry until we can find a more permanent place for her to sleep. The gang and I were hanging around the living room just hanging out and watching Mickey Mouse. Carrot and Darry were in the kitchen talking quietly when they suddenly came out, Darry had a frown on his face and Carrot was holding his hand the same expression on hers as well. We looked at each other as Darry turned on the T.V. and sat down the arm of the chair looking at us.

                “I got some bad news” he said as we waited patiently for him to tell us what was wrong, “Lolly’s in jail” the room went dead silent at this. The guy’s mouths fell open and they looked right at me waiting to see my reaction to this new piece of information. “She got jumped by a couple of Socs and was arrested for being a “threat” to them. She’ll get out in two weeks” I let out a sigh and stood up to grab my jacket, I slipped it on and sat back down on the couch to put on my shoes.

                “What are you doing Pone?” Soda asked as I tied up my laces, I looked up and his and rolled my eyes.

                “What does it look like? I’m going to see Lolly” I said back and stood up, Soda did as well and placed his hand on my shoulder to stop me from leaving.

                “Pone I don’t think….” Carrot cut him off.

                “She would love that” Carrot said to him a strong look in her eyes, he sighed and dropped his hand from my shoulder.

                “I’ll drive” Darry said as went outside to the truck, He and Carrot sat in the front as the rest of us jumped into the back of the bed. We drove the short distance to the jail, Dally pointing Darry where to turn and go to get there faster.

                “Wow Dal, you sure know your way around this place” Two-bit said as we walked up to the entrance of the building.

                “Yeah like the back of my hand” he said with a smile and spit on the ground as we walked in.

                “Hey Dallas, back again I see whatcha in for this time?” the guard behind the desk asked, Dally shook his head and nodded at me.

                “He’s here to see his girl, I’m the perfect little angel” the cop laughed and looked at me.

                “What’s your girl’s name?” he asked as he opened a file cabinet just below the desk.

                “Lolly, Lollypop Candy Masen” he shut the drawer without taking out a file.

                “Follow me I know who she is” he said and led us to a room that had a long glass across it and phones so you could talk to the “inmate”. “Sit here, I’ll get her” we nodded and took out seats on the stools that sat there. The door on the other side of the glass wall, opened as they led a girl in, she wore an orange jump suite and her hair was down hanging in her face with her hands cuffed behind her back. She looked up and a smile broke out on her face, it was Lolly…My Lolly.

Lolly pov

        I sat here on the old worn bed in this tiny little cell, the time slowly dragging on and ticking away. A cop came over and unlocked my cell door; I looked up at her with my eye brows raised.

        “What?” I snapped at her as she stood there and watched me.

        “Nothing sweetheart, it’s just…I hate seeing you in here” I nodded and stood up putting my hands behind my back knowing the drill. She walked me out and down the steps into the meeting room.

        “Why are we here?’ I asked and dipped my head down.

        “You have a visitor” I kept my head down dreading that it would be my “father”. I so did not need to be around him right now, I just wanted Ponyboy. I let out a sigh and looked up a smile made its way to my face as I stared at the only person that has stolen my heart. The cuffs were removed and I sat down on the stool as we both grabbed a phone to hear each other.

        “Hi” he sighed and looked at me; I smiled back and felt tears starts to sting in my eyes.

        “Hi” I croaked back and wiped away the tears that slid down my cheek, he let out a sigh and put his hand on the glass I copied what he did and we sat there quietly for a few minutes.

        “Lolly are you sure your middle name isn’t trouble instead of Candy?” I laughed and looked at the rest of the guys and back at him. “Yeah they know what happened” he said answering my unspoken question. Nodded and looked back at him, looking over his features and seeing bits and pieces of love and concern in his face, not one bit of disappointment. The guard tapped me on the shoulder signaling that it was time to go, I looked at the clock not believing that 30 minutes has already gone by.

        “I love you” he said before the guard had me hang up the phone, “I love you” I mouthed back as the handcuffs were once again put back into place. He blew me a kiss; I laughed and pretended to catch it. He smiled as I was pushed through the door to get back to my cell, his smile will hopefully keep me going for the next two weeks…hopefully.

Wow that was a long chapter, my hands hurt now, lol. Add to library, vote, and anything else you can do on here COMMENT I LOVE COMMENTS!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading!