33| Anxiety and Anger

"Derek!" I scream trying to wake him as the lights flicker on and off. "Derek! Come on."

I screaming and hitting him in the face just to release my hurt and failure. Stiles is crouched beside me and he curls his hand into a fist. He brings it down to Derek jaw. Derek catches his hand before Stiles can hit him. Derek looks around as if confused of his surroundings. I try to pull myself together. I begin talking in hysterics. I clamp my mouth shut to stop my rambles.

"Where is she?"

"Jennifer? Gone with Scott's mom."

"She took her?"

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you out of here."

Stiles starts to pull Derek to his feet but Derek stops him with a force. I'm beginning to get agitated so I pace and try to stop freaking out. All I can think about is Scott. Scott. He was suppose to catch me not Stiles. Scott was suppose to catch me because then I know he wouldn't have gone with Deucalion. He wouldn't have left us. I wish he was here.

"Whoa. What about Cora?"

"Gone with Isaac and Peter." We help Derek to his feet. "You get out of here and we'll hold off the cops."

Derek leaves us and Stiles looks at me.

"It's not your fault. You know that right?" He asks me.

I nod, unconvinced by his statement.

"It's not," he says taking my hand.

We walk to the front of the hospital in silence as FBI files in through the doors. Stiles and I sit in the chairs. He squeezes my hand in assurance, I breathe out. They inspect everything in the hospital. All of the damages done to the hospital by Kali and the twins who do the bidding for Deucalion.

For a group of Alphas, Deucalion sure seems to be the Alpha of the group.

"Oh, just perfect," Stiles sighs.

I look up to see a tall man. I stare at him and quickly look down at my lap so he doesn't see my face. Of all the FBI agents in all of California, it had to be him. It just had to be him. 

"A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker. Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

"If you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid."

I snort.

"And who is this?"

"She doesn't like people," Stiles says.

"No, I don't like him," I clarify.

"Correction. She doesn't like you."

"And who is she?"

I look up meeting my father's eyes. His entire expression changes and all I can feel towards him is anger. All I can do is wish that my mom was here so she could help me across this tightrope that I'm walking because right now, I'm teetering.

"Aura."

My lips starts to quiver. "Just talk to Stiles right now, okay? Don't talk to me."

"Aura--"

"I don't want to talk to you!"

"Okay," he looks back to Stiles. "Where's your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours."

"Is he drinking again?"

"What do you mean again? He never had to stop."