25| The Disappearance

GOT A DOUBLE UPDATE! Mainly because today is BAE's birthday. I can't believe he's TWENTY-FREAKING-FIVE. He can't stay forever twenty-four. I wish. Teen Wolf reference. ANYWAYS I LOVE YOU DYLAN AND I HOPE YOU GET EVEN HEALTHIER! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

~

"Aura, let it go," Jay advises me.

I lay on my stomach on Jay's bed propped up on my shoulders. I feel tense. I am tense. I didn't want to admit. Everything has me on edge. Why couldn't I remember what happened in the woods four months ago? How was Deaton linked to my mom? How was anyone from Beacon Hills linked to my family?

Why anything?

The thing is I didn't find this funny, not even if she did.

"I can't. She was murdered. She died before the person who killed her put her in the water," I respond staring at the pictures of the dead body. "Look at the marks on her head, on her neck, on her throat. Why cover it up?"

I flip through the papers in the files trying to find the report. We looked into my mother's death. A murder that they just covered up.

"Aura-"

"No, Jay! This is my mother!"

He looks at me and I sigh. There's too much going on in my head. Ms. Blake, Stiles, the mark on Allison and Lydia's hand. Then there was my mother. The night Matt went berserk, my mother spoke to me. Over the summer my abilities grew stronger. I'm more agile, faster, a lot stronger. Those are just the werewolf part of me. The other part, the part that's still unknown to me has weird premonitions. And then seeing dead people.

Like my mom. It's not just an imagination. She's actually there. Talking with me. But I'm in a trance like state. Almost dead. Now I don't just hear her, I can see her. The first time I saw her, I cried. She looked like she did the night she died. Her face was pale and sunken. I cried. But the next time I saw, I imagined her in a white clothes and she looked beautiful. I imagined her happy in the afterlife. At first I thought I was just imagining it but then I knew it was because of my necklace.

"I just wish she would tell me," I tell him. "Every time I ask her about it, she just looks at the ground and then she disappears."

"Have you talked to her recently?"

I shake my head. "It's like she doesn't want me to hurt."

The pendant against my skin begins to burn. I ignore it. The pendant only warned me about things. Since I don't know what I am. I can't do much about the problems if I don't know what they are. I try but I never succeed.

Sometimes I would get a vision or something but with not knowing what I am makes it a little hard to use my other abilities while using my werewolf abilities.

"I'm going to turn in and go home."

I sigh and put the files into my bag. I can't stop staring at the picture of my mom's lifeless body. Jay takes the picture from me. I glare at him.

"Tell Scott and Stiles," he warns. "Glare all you want but you have to tell them eventually."

"I know."

"Tell Lydia, to call me."

I roll my eyes and walk past him, laughing. Lydia would enjoy that. She thinks he's cute. He thinks she's cute. Stiles will glare him to death.

~

I stand next to Scott and Stiles in an empty classroom at school. Allison and Lydia told Scott about their bruises last night. Derek's here trying to decipher the meaning.