23| Reversed

Aura.

Aura.

"Aura! Wake up."

I open my eyes to see Isaac, looking down at me. I squint my eyes trying to remember what happened. Isaac helps me off the floor and I look around. I'm in the boys' locker room. I was outside. I was on the field. How did I...? There was so much chaos.

"Oh my God," I breathe. "Where's Stiles? Oh, my God. Isaac. Isaac. I-I let them- Oh my God."

"Ssh," he hugs me.

I grip his shirt and cry into his chest. "I should've- I-I should've--"

"Aura, sweetheart, look at me," Sheriff coaxes.

I remove my face from Isaac's chest and quickly wipe my tears. He puts hand on my back.

"Where is he?" I ask. "Where is Stiles?"

"I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles." I breathe out trying to stop my sobs. "His jeep is still in the parking lot. So that means, well, I don't know what that means."

I sniffle.

"Um, look, if he answers his phone, answers his emails, if you see him."

"We'll call you," Isaac assures him.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him," Scott adds.

"Yeah." Sheriff looks at me. "It's not your fault."

I nod.

"I'll see you, okay?"

He walks out of the room and I look at Scott and Isaac. I sit down and let the tears run down my face. Coach walks over but I'm too into my own world to pay attention. I pull at my hair and close my eyes. My hands are pulled off my hair. I open my eyes and look at Isaac.

"I'm crying," I say. "Why am I always crying? Why can't I stop crying?"

I hide my face from him.

"It's okay," Isaac says.

"I could've saved him, guys," I whisper. "Gerard said he would kill him if I tried to help. And I don't know how I could live if he's dead."

"Don't think like that," Scott tell me. "We'll find him."

I pull myself together and wipe the tears off my face. I nod. Scott rips Stiles's locker door open and it clatters onto the floor. Scott pulls out a shirt and a shoe.

"You're going to find him by scent?" Isaac asks.

Scott nods. "Yeah, we both are."

Scott gives Isaac the shoe and takes the shirt. Isaac stare at the shoe. He wrinkles his nose.

"But how come you get his shirt and I get his shoe?"

I laugh reluctantly. I stop when I notice the grave look on Scott's face, I turn my head to see Derek.

"We need to talk," he says.

Peter comes out from behind the lockers. "All of us."

"Holy sh-shh--" Scott says stepping forward. "What the hell is this?"

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station," Derek snipes.

"Gerard?" I ask. "How come you never told me about this?"