[ CHAPTER 1: NEW BEGINNINGS ]

[JANUARY 2016]

REIGN'S NEW HOME IN ENGLEWOOD CHICAGO IN THE MM.

REIGN

I woke up in a strange room, filled with bright lights. I could have sworn I had a bad dream, it was so strange.

One minute I was kissing Màl , the next minute his blood were all over me and I was laying in my own blood telling myself to play dead.

I opened my eyes properly to notice that I was actually in a hospital room and I had an oxygen mask on my face. I looked to my left and saw a heart monitor with a blood drip.

I tried to move but I felt a burning sensation in my back. " Fuck ! ", I cried out in pain making my monitor go off as I panicked.

Suddenly a nurse came rushing into my room helping me lay back down.

" Miss Orishimo, Please keep still , you don't want to injure yourself further ", the nurse said in a hurried tone. I began to relax and do as told.

" what happened to me? ", I croaked, my throat was dry as fuck.

" Miss Orishimo, you received 2 gunshot wounds to your lower back area missing your spine by less than half an inch, you passed out from the intense pain and amount of blood you lost you could have died. We performed emergency surgery on you to stop the bullets lodging. You Miss , are a lucky lady ", the nurse told me with a sympathetic smile.

I began to panic as I realised that my dream was not a dream, but a reality.

" Where is Dermàl Mitchell ?, Is he okay ? ", I asked in a rushed and worried tone.

The nurse's face said it all. The way she held her head down and took a deep sigh before replying.

" I'm so sorry honey, but Dermàl didn't make it , a shot straight through the heart is what took him away , I'm so sorry for your loss ", she said in a sad time before walking out.

Tears streamed down my face as I cried for my first love , my first kiss, my other half and my bestfriend.

The world is so cruel, how could the love of my life be ripped away from me in such a way? We were rocking together since we were 14 and we had only just turned 22.

He had his whole life ahead of him. I know he had some imperfections but that's what made him. My baby , my life partner taken from me over what? Money ? Drugs? I felt like shit and I fucking hated it.

As I wanted to be alone in my thoughts , the cops entered  the hospital room.

' The fucking pigs ', I thought to myself as I mentally rolled my eyes.

" Good afternoon m'aam , I'm detective Richard Douglas and this is my partner Maxwell Carter ", The one with blonde hair said.

I stared at him blankly waiting for him to finish talking. I think he got the picture because he cleared his throat before talking.

" Now Miss Orishimo, I understand you are aware that your home that you shared with your boyfriend of 9 years Dermàl Mitchell was broken into which resulted in the death of Mr Mitchell and the attempted murder of you am I right ? ", He asked looking at me, again I stared blankly at him for asking me a stupid ass question.