Chapter - 26 A Day Lily

Author's note:  It has been a long time coming but I hope it doesn't disappoint.  I thank you all for being patient with me while I was sick and understanding of my limits.  I also respect your impatience with me as well because I too read on wattpad  and know that pain all too well.  

So THANK YOU all for staying with me. I want to WELCOME all my new followers.  If you are reading and not getting broadcasts  but wish to keep in the loop on what is going on then be sure to follow.  Also I hope Dane doesn't annoy you all too bad in this chapter but there is a reason for everything.  Happy reading, comment and vote if you like!   PS It's 4am so I didn't proof and I know I will regret that when I wake up (I just hope it isn't too embarrassing LOL) but I also know you are tired of waiting so bear in mind that this is the FIRST DRAFT of 26.  

Chapter 26

The week passed by quickly and Dane’s tension grew more with each day.  He was both anxious and apprehensive about the appointment he had made for Berkley.  He had kept his word and had arranged for her to see another doctor for a second opinion. 

Berkley sat calmly next to him while he bounced his leg nervously and fidgeted with his hands.  “Dane, it’s going to be fine.  I feel fine.”  He smiled back at her but didn’t say anything.

“You’re making me nervous so quit fidgeting.”  She said taking his hand in hers.  “Besides you’ve been through all this before.”

“Yeah but not with you and considering the circumstances, I’m just as worried about you as I am the baby.”

“Dane, I really do feel perfectly fine.”

“Now you do, but what about all that fainting and then there is the whole thing with BJ.  I’ll just feel better once I’ve seen her.”  He said giving her a big smile.

“Roberts.”  The nurse called from across the room. 

Dane was already on his feet and standing in front of Berkley waiting with his hand outstretched.  She placed her hand in his and they followed the nurse down a long corridor that opened up into another waiting area with skylight that illuminated the whole room with natural light.  There were palm trees growing in the center of the room reaching upwards into a dome filled with warmth and light.  The sky above was blue and the sun was shining straight down onto Dane’s golden skin as he smiled up at her from the sofa.  She sat down and scooted up next to him.

She looked around the room at all the women who were alone.  She found herself wondering about their circumstances. Were they single moms to be or did they have someone that wanted to be here with them but couldn’t get off work or something?  She looked over at Dane who was staring down at fingers that were intertwined as he continued to fidget nervously.  She placed her hand on his arm reassuringly once more.

“Dane, are you sure you’re up for this?  You can wait out here if you like.”

“I’m good.”

“We’re you this up tight with…”  She hesitated.

“No.”  He said bluntly.

“Then what is it?”  She asked lowering her voice to avoid sharing her concern with half the women in the waiting area.