I've been cheated on

Knuckles sat on the beach where he just watched the sea glow under the full moon. The view doesn't define the way he felt at the moment. He felt angry, sad, and betrayed. He felt depressed apparently. Thoughts about what happened before flowed in his head. He thought that by remembering them, he might forget about them in a few days. Or even hopefully, by the next morning. Remembering the humiliating moment where he felt pathetic towards his lying boyfriend. Lying about him being the only in his life, only to find out that he has been cheated with not only one, but two other people. Another a guy and a girl. Neither of them have known that they were also being cheated on with Knuckles. He remember what he said to him just hours ago when he saw him with his other boyfriend. When he found out that his suspicions were true, he confronted him in front of his other partner. "Why would you lie to me like that?! Did you think I was just a toy you can just play with?!" "Calm down, he is just a friend." "Getting all flirty with him isn't something that friends do! You are a filthy liar!"

Tears welled up on his eyes, but he wiped them away. Soft footsteps were heard behind him. It was only Sonic. "Hey Knux, what are you doing here?" "Oh hey Sonic," Knuckles says, "just sitting out here." "Mind if I join?" Sonic asks. Knuckles nods, "Yeah sure." He sat next to him, and stared at water-reflected moon. Sonic couldn't help the fact that there is something wrong with him. By the look on his face, he just makes it so obvious. Sonic clears and asks, "Knux?" "Yeah?" The red echidna replies. "Did something happen? You seemed upset." Knuckles kept quiet for a few seconds, and then took a deep breath. "My boyfriend cheated on me today." "I'm sorry." Sonic says. It was all that he could say. He doesn't want to hurt Knuckles even more. Knuckles says, "I finally see how girls see men sometimes. Liars and careless about how you feel." "Aren't you also into girls?" Sonic asks. Knuckles nodded, "Yeah, and it's hard to get one these days. Especially guys if you don't know what they are. I met my ex at Meh Burger and we started dating after a week. Three months later, he thinks it's okay to date another guy behind my back."

Sonic did remember seeing him hanging out with his boyfriend, not knowing who he is. He was somewhat jealous, and happy that Knuckles found someone. But after hearing this is just sad. "Well, not guys are liars and cheaters." He says. Knuckles spazzes out, "How do you know? Name one guy who wouldn't." Without skipping a beat, he answers, "I wouldn't" Knuckles turns to him. "Really?" "Yeah." Sonic replies. Knuckles wasn't really believing it. He knows Sonic too well. There are times for his snarky remarks, and there are his serious moments. He can't even tell what mode he is in. He wants to believe him, but he isn't quite sure if he should. "How do I know that?" He asks. All Sonic could think of was, "Why would I cheat on the one person who I know would make me happy?"

The red echidna was beginning to believe it, but also, is what is Sonic trying to say? The blue hedgehog clears his throat, "Knuckles, I've been meaning to ask you for a long time. I was scared to ask you, for the fact that I might get rejected. But I am just gonna get this out of my chest. Will you go out with me?" He was speechless. He doesn't know what to say. His heart was pounding, and emotions were rushing inside him. "I..." How should he respond? Sonic was beginning to worry. "Knuckles?" "Yes." He responds. Sonic was puzzled until he sees the tears and smile on his face. "Yes, I do."

Sonic smiles and hugs him. "You had me worried there. I thought you were going you say no." He wipes away his tears and kisses his face. "It's getting late. Do you wanna sleep at my shack?" "Yeah, sure." He nods.

At the shack, Knuckles lied next to Sonic, side by side, with his arms wrapped around him. He feels happy. Happy that he has someone that won't hurt him. Happy that he found someone that will make him happy. He turns to Sonic and says, "I love you." "I love you too." Sonic replies, and kisses his cheek.