I care about you

"How can you do something so stupid like that Knuckles!? You almost gotten yourself killed!" "I was saving you Sonic! I can't let that robot destroy you!" The red echidna and blue hedgehog came bursting through the door way of Sonic's home. They were arguing about what had happened in the fight with Dr. Eggman. "Still, you can't do something like that!" Sonic shouts at the top of his lungs. Knuckles on the other hand kept a steady voice. "I had to! I mean, I can't just watch you die. I...." He cuts off and became silent. Sonic became confused at the moment. "What is Knuckles hiding?"

" 'I' what, Knux?" Knuckles remained quiet. Sonic is now frustrated. He wants answers. "I can't tell you." Knuckles managed to whispered out. "Tell me what? What is it" Sonic asks. "I can't!" He raises his voice. Sonic's anger increased. What is he hiding? "Why not?! Tell me!" Sonic shouts and with a slight motion, the red echidna pulled him into a kiss right on the lips. Sonic's eyes widened and became mentally paralyzed over the situation. He wants to push him off, but instead, he just let him kiss him. Knuckles pulls away and stares into the emerald eyes. "Because I care about you. I....love you."

Sonic remained silent, leaving his friend worried. "Sonic?" "I-I gotta go!" Sonic says and ran out of the shack as fast as he could. He was stopped by the nearest, hollow tree in the jungle he ran into and placed his back onto it. He slid right down until he was sitting on the grass. He was in shock. He placed his fingers onto his lips and could somehow still feel the kiss. Why would Knuckles do such a thing? The shocking moment played over and over again in his head. But without realizing it, he actually....liked it. Is he in love with Knuckles? No, it can't be. He and Sonic have been best friends for years. How can they be liking each other? It doesn't make sense. But it does sort of describe love from Sonic's perspective.

Night takes over. Sonic was no longer in shock, but he doesn't want to go back. "Maybe I do like him." Sonic thought to himself. "I should go talk to him." He stood up and instead of running, he started walking. When he walked out of the jungle and into the village, he was worried about what will happen between him and Knuckles. Will they be together? Who knows. He will have to wait and see.

In the shack, Sonic realized that Knuckles was nowhere to be seen. He looked around. "Knuckles?" No answer. He went over and sat on the hammock. "If I hadn't ran off like that, I...." He shouted to himself. "Sonic?" A familiar voice startled him. It was Knuckles. "Knuckles. I thought you-" "No, I was actually waiting outside for you." Sonic's heart started pounding. "How can I tell him?" Knuckles sat next to him on the hammock. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what happened earlier. I didn't know what I was doing."

Sonic's ears dropped down, "I didn't mean to run away either. I was freaking out, and thought that I needed some time alone." Anxiety took over Knuckles when he was about to ask him, "Do you like me?" Sonic blushed at the thought. Does he? Well there is one way he could tell him. He cupped Knuckles' cheeks and pressed his lips against his. Knuckles was in steady shock, but soon kissed back. His emotions took over him when he leaned Sonic downwards towards the hammock. Sonic wrapped his arms around Knuckles and pulled him in closer. Eventually, Knuckles pulled away and stared into Sonic's eyes. "Is that a 'yes'?" "Yeah" Soic answers and kisses him again.