Chapter Two

Once we were all out of the bus, one of the guards took me aside to go into the prison.

" Miss Hoffner, due to the fact that you are the only girl in this prison you do get some special treatment. Firstly you get your own cell however it is still in the male cell block, you will also be having your showers in the female staff showers as this is a male prison so we do not have separate female inmates showers, as well as this you will be meeting with Dr Tancredi each day to have your medication, finally you will given a placement in PI so that you can stay off the yard as frequently as possible, a place like this isn't good for a girl like you." He stated, pulling on my restraints as I followed along behind him.

"Thank you sir," I said gratefully, I didn't expect to be treated so fairly, maybe it won't be as bad as I had imagined.

I proceeded to trail along behind the guard, keeping my head down so I didn't make eye contact with any of the in mates that were staring at me. The guard led me into a big room which appeared to be the where I was going to be staying during my sentence, there were three stories of cells, each almost 2m wide. There didn't appear to anyone in there at this moment in time.

" Where is everyone Officer Hudson?" I asked, I'd learnt his name during the walk.

"Out on the yard, we thought it would be best for you to have a short amount of time to get settled away from all the other inmates." He replied, "And here is your cell, cell 41, its a good on this right in the middle of everything. Everyone was wanting it."

I just nodded. I took a deep breath and walked into the cell, there was a bunk bed and a toilet, as well as a sink. I turned around the officer.

"If you need to use the bathroom you can place a sheet over the door and you know do it." He said, smiling slightly.

"Thank you," I said and sat down on the bottom bunk. "For everything."

"No worries, good luck in here Daisy." He replied, "CLOSE ON CELL 41"