Chapter Three - December Knight

Paralyzed - Chapter Three 

December Knight

<<<Picture of December Knight on sidebar(Demi Lovato)>>> 

DECEMBER'S POINT OF VIEW

"Hey kiddo." Dad greeted hanging up his coat at the door way. "So sorry sweetie but I can't stay for dinner. I got a date."

I sighed. "Okay." Of course. The one night I cook and actually do it right, he has a date elsewhere. I wiped the ranch sauce on my faded flare jeans and took my salad, Chips, ice cream and bread towards the couch. I set the food carefully onto the coffee table then plopped on down.

I turned on the tv and some kid Disney movie came on. I smiled as I remembered watching these when I was twelve. Grabbing the ice cream, I dived my silver spoon in. I looked up at the screen and watched intensely. In a matter of seconds I realized the movie was about a spoiled rich girl and a film geek. And the movie was called, Geek Charming. I chuckled. Interesting. I'm sure if I was still young, I'd be obsessed with this.

Anyways, Here I am. It's been a few days since I went to school. Why? Because I'm sick. Yes I know. Shocker. Well, I happen to be human you know. I do actually have blemishes and bad hair days and all the rest. Don't tell anyone but, I was only emotionally sick. Acting like I was actually sick. Just because you're reading about me right now, doesn't mean I'm gonna be perfect by the way.

Here's a fact for ya, I am normal. Uh sorta. Oh whatever. All I care about right now, Is eating ice cream. I lustfully looked at the melting box of ice cream below me. Quickly, I shoved some into my mouth. I closed my eyes savoring the flavor. God bless whoever invented this stuff!

So, Yes I have a problem with eating a lot. But never gain. Shocker again. Yeah I know. Picking up the remote, I changed it to some music channel and suddenly, Taylor Swift - Fifteen blasted. I jumped at the sudden noise but recomposed myself as I sighed.

The song didn't really apply to me exactly. But it reminded me of when I was fifteen.

---Flashback---

"Jason!" I yelled through my laughter. "Stop!" He laughed and continued running. Only making me spin faster. I screamed but it was just a fun laughter scream. Once I stopped spinning I was dizzy and out of breath.

"Again?" He asked stupidly.

---End Flashback---

I smiled to myself as I put down the ice cream. Oh I forgot. "Sandra?!" I yelled through our huge house. Sandra was our maid. Our as in dad and mine. But more of a friend to me when I was lonely due to her being my age.

She walked in smiling. "Yes December?" She asked politely.

I smiled. "Um...Just wanted to know. Did you pick up my medicine from the clinic? I'm out and sorta need it."

A look of panic spread across her face. "Oh no! I knew I forgot something. I must go run down there! I am so sorry ma'am!" She franticly grabbed her coat.

I shook my head. "No, no, no, no. It's fine Sandra. I can make d-do. But uh could I-I have some sleeping medicine from the k-kitchen?" I stuttered out.

She nodded and quickly ran towards the kitchen. I don't know why she was so worried. I guess because she thought it was like last time. When dad wasn't home and I didn't get my medicine in time. But I'm not a kid anymore. I can handle myself. I picked up my phone and headed for the stairs. Forget medicine. "December I'm so sorry-" I could hear Sandra in the kitchen.

"No it's fine. Hey Sandra, N-No worries. I think I'm fine. Good night!" I called out and quickly ran to my room.

Slamming the door behind me, I began to pace the floor. This was not good. Why did I even think about my past like that? I shouldn't have. It just reminded me. I'm not that girl anymore.