Chapter Two - Hello to Goodbye

Paralyzed

Chapter Two

Hello to Goodbye

Jason's Point Of View

I glared at Dylan as we were both facing each other ready to block. I was in the middle of football practice when a cute laugh caught my attention. I side glanced and looked at December. She was walking with a girl I knew from Spanish, Grace I think. December was laughing as they passed. A small smile appeared on my lips as I stared. Next thing I knew, I was shoved to the ground. I huffed as I lost my breath for a second.

Dylan stood over me with a smirk. "Distracted?" That made me look to December again. Silently praying she didn't see that. Unfortunately, she did. She saw my embarrassed expression and burst out laughing. Grace doing the same. I groaned and pushed myself up. I underestimated Dylan. He was strong.

I couldn't breath well since I was practically trampled just now. I walked to the benches and sat for a second. Collecting my breath. "I thought you were just awesome at football." I ignored her irritated. She noticed my heavy breathing and quickly dashed forward to me. "You okay?" She asked, handing me a bottle of water.

I took a gulp of the water but still had trouble breathing. But I still said, "I think so. Thanks, uh. How've you been?" I asked a bit skeptical.

She shot me a glare. "How do you think I've been. You're so stupid sometimes." She sighed and dug into her pocket. "I don't know if I should be doing this but you probably need it." She pulled something out and rubbed it clean on her jeans. She handed it and I realized it was an inhaler. "You can keep it. I don't think I'll need it. I still don't like you." She stood up and walked over to Dylan. He was already changed back into his regular clothes and was leaned against the changing rooms wall. He smirked as he noticed her approach. I watched as intense guilt swirled in my stomach.

I took the inhaler and pressed it to my mouth. I pressed the button thing and inhaled. I took it off and put it in my bag. Much better. I made a mental note to thank December again. I got up and strode towards the coach. He instantly frowned seeing my worried face, "What do you want, Hayes?" He asked.

I sighed, "I'm failing math. So I may be cut from the team. Uh I just wanted to get some advice." I said embarrassed.

"You're failing math?" I sighed as the football coach turned red with anger and I nodded. "Here's what you need, stop waisting your time on foolishness and girls. Then get a tutor." He said through gritted teeth.

I gulped and nodded once again. He sighed frustrated and stormed off toward his wife, our school consoler. I groaned and walked to my truck.

You may be wondering who I am. Maybe you guessed it easily. I don't know. My names Jason McClain Hayes. I am seventeen, kicker on the football team but sometimes will help block, American and I'm failing math. Now, in need of a tutor. I smiled to myself. I wish December was the one to help. When we were younger she had always been the smart one. We'd always study together. When we weren't friends, my grades dropped drastically.

My thoughts were blown away when someone tapped my shoulder when I didn't expect it. I being myself, screamed like a girl. In seconds, I realized it was December and shut my mouth.

I glared at her and stood straight. "December, I've had a bad day and would appreciate it if you'd actually show you cared."

She shrugged as the fall wind blew her hair back. I quickly looked at the green grass below me. Trying to hide that stupid childish smile I had. "Who said I cared in the first place. Anyhow, I need a favor."

I raised my eyebrows. Oh no. I know this face. I thought as I looked into her beautiful brown eyes. The smirk clear across her face, the dimples, the way she'd widen her eyes as she began to lean forward to me. "W-what kind of f-favor?" I stuttered nervously.