Live While We're Young

Introduction:

Niki:   Okay, what happened to One Direction, huh? I mean really? They were world famous, but after their contract expired, well, they may as well have fallen off the Earth for all we know. So what happened. Did they ever decide what they were really going to do with their lives. Or are they all sitting at home with a look of failure perpetually on their faces.

How do I know all this you’re asking. Do you remember the stories of Zayn and Jess. The scandal of the year in 2012, for the media’s concern. Secretly married boy band super star, married to a secret sixth member of the band, the DJ. Yeah, that one. Later they went on to have a baby girl, Nikita Malik? Well that’s how I know. I am her. The product of two insane music lovers. The product of the 2012 scandal. The product of Zayn and Jess Malik. I’m 18 now, though. I’m musically gifted. In fact, I learned how to read music before I learned to read. When I was in kindergarten and was asked to sing the ABCs in music, I only went to letter G due to being the end of the musical alphabet. Yeah. Oh well. I have lived, breath, and been fed music and that’s the way I like it.

Now for what happened to my parents. One Direction was kicked to the curb after their contract was up. Well, they could’ve kept going, although they were already going downhill. Not to mention the fact they all had kids to take care of and they were getting old for the boy band gig. So they called it quits. My mom was offered a deal with Columbia Records as a music producer and she is now better known than RedOne. My dad on the other hand took the last of his high school classes online then went to school to become an English teacher. Now he teaches at the same school I go to. As we all go to.

Darcy:     Hi, my name is Darcy Styles. Daughter of Harry Styles. I’m also the product of an amazing songwriter, Kathryn Styles. My biggest dream, I’m going to be a singer. I love to sing, I have since I was little. I love to write songs, then sing them. I’m 13 years old. I’m the last of my friends in Middle School. It sucks. Oh. You wanted to know about my friends? My friends are all the daughters of One Direction also. Niki Malik, she’s the oldest and kind of the leader. Then theres Taylor Payne. She’s sixteen and the daughter of Liam Payne and, as you know her, Hanna Raymond. Then there is Amie Tomlinson, who is fifteen. She’s the daughter of Louis and Sarah Tomlinson. And let’s not forget her uber hot older brother, Leo. Leo is a major football star at the high school. And crazy hot if you like that skater boy but not really look. Hair that is perfectly swooped to the side, skin that looks like milk in a bowl, lips like two rose petals. Sadly, he’s three years older than me and way to old for me to date. Okay, back on track. After Amie theres Carly Horan. She’s only a year older than me at 14. Her parents are Niall Horan and the beautiful still to this day, Maggie Nelly. Although she says that’s just her name for business. Anyway. Then there’s me. Like I said I’m the youngest of all my friends, but don’t let that fool you. In the words of Taylor, don’t mess with me. Especially when there is a microphone on the line. That’s right people. Darcy Styles, daughter of world famous singer Harry Styles and world renown songwriter Kathryn Styles want to be a singer. Shocker right? (Be tee dubs that’s sarcasm). It’s more than just a dream for me to be a singer though. Let’s face it, it’s destiny. I mean, why would I have the parents I do if I wasn’t supposed to be a singer. Like duh. The only problem in my flawless plan? My little sister, Brittany. Brittany is nine. Why is she a problem? She is an amazing singer. Daddy’s already talking about seeing if she should audition for X Factor when she is 13. And me? They just don’t talk about what happens in my career. As in they don’t care. My mom always tell me it “totally up to me” but I just think they don’t care. Whatever.

Okay so you want to know what happened to my dad after One Direction? Well, my dad decided he didn’t want to miss a beat of my life or Brittany’s. So he decided he was going to live the rest of his life as a stay at home dad. He also ended up helping my mom on many of her biggest hits. So that’s my life.