chapter 8

Meanwhile with Starlight, Atticus, Sunburst, Stellar, Cherry, and Spike...

"So... the Princess of Friendship wants you and I to be friends again?" Sunburst asked as he sat across from Starlight Glimmer with some tea.

"Yeah, crazy, right?" Starlight giggled nervously.

"Uh, I don't understand," Sunburst fiddled with his glasses anxiously. "Did something happen to you after I left for magic school?"

"What?! That's a strange question, of course nothing happened, why would you even ask that?" Starlight asked, pouring herself a cup of tea.

Sunburst glanced at the teapot and the tea overflowing the cup as a sign of something being very wrong in his oldest and formerly dearest friend.

"I mean, did something happen to you after you left for magic school?" Starlight then asked, gently setting the teapot down, trying to keep up appearances, though it nearly seemed pointless at some points.

This caused for Sunburst to become nervous now. "What? Um, n-no," he chuckled sheepishly. "L-Like you said, I'm an important wizard now... Erm... Your friend is lucky to know Las Pegasus magician, Stellar..." he then said, gesturing to the unicorn stallion next to Cherry.

"Yep, she sure is." Starlight said.

"This doesn't seem to be going well..." Cherry said to Spike.

"There's gotta be something on this list that can help." Spike said while looking over the list.

"Yeah, but what?" Atticus asked.

Stellar looked with the baby dragon to help him out a little.

"Don't worry, I know we can do this." Spike was becoming nervous himself now.

While that was going on, back at the castle Shining Armor was taking deep breaths calming himself down while Rarity combed his mane.

"It's okay, Shining, we're right here..." Emily soothed.

"That's right, we're right here for ya." Patrick added in.

Celestia, Luna, and Cadence all then came in.

"Okay," Shining Armor ran over to his wife with a confident smile. "I chose the honor guard, picked the purity crystal, and I know exactly who I want to be our crystaller. So, all we need is..." he then paused, looking like he needed to think for a minute now.

Cadence bore a deadpan expression on her muzzle. "The baby?"

Shining Armor agreed until he looked anxious right then again.

"We're here!" Twilight called from the distance.

This caused for Shining Armor to sigh out of relief.

"She's a really strong flyer." Patch smiled as he carried the alicorn foal in his right hoof.

Cadence smiled as she used her horn to levitate her baby daughter over to her and her husband. The baby alicorn whined and fussed as she was taken away from Patch, having grown so attached to him since she had first met him. Her eyes even bore tears and she started to whimper as it looked as though she was about to cry her little eyes out.

"Um, should we be worried about that?" Darla asked.

"Oh, she'll only cry a little bit, what's the worst that could happen?" Pinkie shrugged.

The alicorn foal sniffled, then let out a very loud cry that nearly caused a sonic boom that blew everyone back slightly from the strong force and noise. This even made the Crystal Heart stop spinning and it reduced into dozens of cracks, shattering into pieces instantly. The others gasped as the alicorn foal sniffled and gently landed into her mother's open hoof.