chapter 5

"I know you're a little worried about this reunion, but I'm sure Twilight's got everything covered." Spike said, holding onto the extensive list as they walked among the many other ponies either living in or visiting the Empire.

"Everything except how I'd rather do absolutely anything else." Starlight sounded anything but excited about facing Sunburst.

"I'm pretty sure she's anticipated that." Atticus said.

"Oh, yeah, you know how Twilight can be," Spike chuckled. "It's all part of the lesson. Trust the lesson."

"Right..." Starlight glanced at him, rolling her periwinkle eyes, she then spotted something in the town center which made her smirk rather darkly.

"Now, the first step of the lesson is....." Atticus started as he read the list.

"Hey, isn't that you?" Starlight gestured.

Spike and Atticus then looked up to where she was pointing.

"Yep, sure is." Spike said.

"Now according to Twilight's research, Sunburst's place should be...." Atticus started.

"Why is there a statue of you in the Crystal Empire?" Starlight stalled.

"Because Spike the Brave and Glorious saved all of us from King Sombra!" a vanilla mare with strawberry mane dashed over with a proud grin.

"Such a good thing they don't remember I'm his nephew." Atticus whispered to Spike.

Spike nodded quietly to Atticus, knowing how big a deal that would be and would cause a catastrophe even.

"And then again during the Equestria Games!" another mare with a silver coat and orange mane rushed over, talking about Spike's heroism.

"Really?" Starlight asked.

"Really," an orange stallion with blue mane came up behind the dragon and smirked to him. "Big fan." he then held out his hoof so Spike could shake it.

Spike grinned and shook his hoof.

Starlight smirked once she saw Spike was getting distracted from the lesson. "Um, when were you going to tell me about this?" she then asked innocently.

"Oh, it's not that important." Spike said bashfully.

"It most certainly is!" the Crystal Ponies disagreed.

Starlight smirked, then used her horn to levitate a stool and made the dragon sit down in it. "That's it! We're not going anywhere until I get the whole story!"

Atticus sighed, already knowing that Starlight was stalling, but allowed Spike to tell his 'heroic deed'. Starlight relaxed onto a chair as she magicked up some popcorn. Spike then decided to tell Starlight the whole story of how he defeated King Sombra, saving the Crystal Empire.

Meanwhile...

"Before we go in, I should probably tell you," Shining Armor sounded cautious. "Seeing the baby might be a bit of a shock."

"Oh, come on, Shining Armor, we've seen babies before." Mo said.

"Yeah, meeting this one won't be any different." Twilight agreed while reassuring her big brother as she opened the door with her horn.

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Drell, and Skippy were standing next to a very sleep deprived Cadence by the bassinet.

'I wonder what the baby will look like.' Patch thought to himself with a smile.